26-year-old man marries for eighth time
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Amnesty welcomes SC verdict on transgender
- If Modi loses in Varanasi, no one will make him PM: Arvind Kejriwal
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
A 26-year-old man from Patera Tola village here married for the eighth time, deserting all his earlier wives.
Umendra Prasad Mahra tied the knot recently on February 7.
His sixth wife Devki Bhai Mahra had complained about him before Vandana Mandavi, a member of the Madhya Pradesh Women's Commission.
Devki told Vandana that Umendra had married her on September 7, 2009 but left her about a year ago.
She said later on she came to know that Umendra had wedded five times before marrying her.
According to Devki, this man stays with the wife till she gets pregnant and then would force her to go for an abortion and when she refused he would leave her.