26-yr-old raped in Karnal, 2 held
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A 26-year-old woman in Haryana's Karnal district have accused three persons of abducting and raping her. The victim, who was allegedly abducted on February 5, lodged a complaint with the police on Sunday, leading to the arrest of two of the accused.
The accused have been identified as Billu and Neelam — both residents of Karnal. Their accomplice is absconding. According to the police, the victim alleged that she was abducted by Billu, Neelam and an unidentified person on February 5. She was taken to a house in Rasulpur village in Karnal. "For four days, Billu kept on raping me and also took away my jewellery. On February 9, I somehow managed to escape," the victim alleged.
The woman was medically examined on Sunday and produced before the court on Monday, where her statements were recorded under Section 164 of the CrPC. While Neelam was sent to judicial custody, Billu was also remanded to police custody for a day on Monday.