26-yr-old raped in Karnal, 2 held
- My government will not be vindictive: Narendra Modi on Robert Vadra
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- Rahul Gandhi tells Narendra Modi: 'Ullu' banana band karo
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score: Malinga draws first blood for MI, castles Gambhir
A 26-year-old woman in Haryana's Karnal district have accused three persons of abducting and raping her. The victim, who was allegedly abducted on February 5, lodged a complaint with the police on Sunday, leading to the arrest of two of the accused.
The accused have been identified as Billu and Neelam — both residents of Karnal. Their accomplice is absconding. According to the police, the victim alleged that she was abducted by Billu, Neelam and an unidentified person on February 5. She was taken to a house in Rasulpur village in Karnal. "For four days, Billu kept on raping me and also took away my jewellery. On February 9, I somehow managed to escape," the victim alleged.
The woman was medically examined on Sunday and produced before the court on Monday, where her statements were recorded under Section 164 of the CrPC. While Neelam was sent to judicial custody, Billu was also remanded to police custody for a day on Monday.