27-year-old man suffocates wife to death at Noida hotel, arrested
- 15 security personnel killed as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Malaysia military believes it has tracked missing jet over Strait of Malacca
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Noida police arrested a 27-year-old man, after he surrendered and confessed to killing his wife at a hotel here on Friday evening.
A senior police officer said Ishan Khosla (27) surrendered at a police chowki in Sector 20, after the body of Akanksha Khosla (24) was found in their room in Radisson Hotel in Noida.
Police said Ishan worked as a telemarketer in Delhi and his wife studied in a college in Noida.
"He is from Mughalsarai and she belongs to Varanasi. The two got married in June 2011. On Friday morning, both of them checked in to room number 402 in Radisson Hotel. Around 6.30 pm, hotel staff found the woman unconscious on the floor. She was taken to a nearby hospital, where she was declared dead on arrival," a senior officer said.
The officer said a "joint suicide note" was found at the scene of the crime.
"The two-page note said they had financial problems and also had disagreements with their parents regarding their wedding. It said Ishan would kill himself by jumping off a tower in Sector 25. While investigation is still in progress, it seems that the note was written by Ishan to divert attention from him," the officer said.
Around 8.30 pm on Friday, Ishan surrendered to police.
"He told us that the couple had been fighting continuously and he couldn't take it anymore. So he smothered his wife with a pillow. He wanted to escape, but later decided to surrender due to remorse. He has been arrested and a case of murder registered. Further investigations are in progress," a senior police officer said.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express