28 CBI officials get medals
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
- BJP against withdrawl of sedition charges against Kashmiri students
TWENTY-EIGHT CBI officers have been decorated with President's and other meritorious medals on the occasion of Republic Day. Among them was an officer involved in the probes against former Uttar Pradesh chief secretary Neera Yadav and former telecom minister Sukh Ram.
SP Rishi Prakash, posted at Special Crime Unit who probed cases against influential bureaucrats and politicians like Neera Yadav and Sukh Ram, both convicted by the respective courts, has been awarded this year's police medal for meritorious service.
The officers who got President's Police Medal for distinguished services are SP L M Manjhi, Bhillai, Additional SPs D S Dagar of Delhi and V N Ashok Kumar of Chennai, Deputy SP S K Tripathi of Kolkata and Inspector Dilip Chakraborty of Kolkata, an agency spokesperson said.
IPS officers who won police medal for meritorious service include DIGs Amitabh Singh Dhillon and Velusamy Murugesan posted here and Selvaraj Sengathir posted at Chennai.
Other officers awarded the medal include Additional SPs Roy Alexander and Ajaib Singh, Deputy SPs V S Rana, Kollan Bhattacharya, Yogesh Kumar Sharma and Prasenjit Roy and Inspectors Dayanand Sharma, Surendra Rai and Prema Logan.