28-yr-old arrested for sexual assault on minor
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day, halfway mark crossed
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- April 17 poll roundup: Rajnath says only Modi will be PM; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: Rahul breaks solid stand, Patel departs
Police on Sunday arrested a 28-year old married man for having 'unnatural sex' with a six-year-old girl.
Police said that one Raju of Mouli Jagran was booked under Section 377 of the IPC after the parents of the minor girl filed a complaint in this regard.
Police officers said the accused used to drive the auto of the victim's family and committed the crime with her in the vehicle two days back. The girl reported the matter to her parents following which a case was registered.
Chowki incharge, Sector 16 police post, Panchkula, Sewa Singh said the accused had confessed to his crime. Two days back, the girl asked Raju to get her some candies from the market when her parents had gone to Chandigarh. Around 9.30 pm, the accused took the girl from her house in Rajiv Colony to the market and committed the crime under the cover of darkness.
Police said the girl's parents came late from Chandigarh where they run a fruit business. The victim did not tell them about the incident in the evening. Next day when she complained of pain, she narrated the entire incident to them. Later, the parents approached the police post.
Singh said that they had got the victim's medical examination done. "The report has confirmed the unnatural sex. The girl has suffered bruises," he added.
According to the police investigations, Raju has a son as well.
- Ready for elections: Parties
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs