29 gentlemen cadets march ahead
- Rahul Gandhi attacks Narendra Modi; highlights Congress work in Uttarakhand
- Rohtak rally: Ambani, Modi, Rahul, media â all are corrupt, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Donât discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit to Shinde
- Fraud Office gets govt nod to prosecute Radia firms
- âStingâ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
A glittering Passing Out Parade of Technical Entry Scheme (TES) Course-20 of the Cadets Training Wing (CTW), College of Military Engineering (CME) on Saturday marked the culmination of technical and military training of 29 Gentlemen Cadets (GCs).
The parade was reviewed by Lt Gen MMS Rai, General Officer Commanding (GOC) 12 Corps and the Colonel Commandant of Bombay Sappers.
Commanded by Wing Cadet Captain (WCC) Jayesh Rana 123 GCs marched past the saluting dais to the tune of Kadam Kadam Badhaiye Ja and Saare Jahan Se Accha.
Wing Cadet Quarter Master (WCQM) Anand Prakash Mishra awarded the coveted Commandant's Gold Medal for being first in overall order of merit, whereas Wing Cadet Adjutant (WCA) Jivitesh Razora bagged the Silver Medal for Best All Round Gentlemen Cadet and RAJPUT Regiment Gold Medal for scoring the maximum marks in Outdoor Training (ODT). GC Harsh Tangar was awarded Best Sportsman Medal for excellent performance on the games field.
The GOC-in-C ARTRAC Banner was awarded to Bravo Platoon for overall championship.
"This reminds me of the day 36 years ago, when I was standing on the ground like one of you. This day marks a transition in your lives. You are going to be flagbearers of one of the finest armies in the world, the Indian Army. In this journey (that you have embarked upon) competence, willpower, and mental and physical strength will be your companions. Excellence is an ongoing process and there is nothing that cannot be improved."
The parade culminated with the Passing Out Court GC's slow marchpast on the algic and traditional tune of Auld Lang Syne.
The GCs of the Wing also presented an entertaining cultural programme, on the eve of the parade to bid farewell to the Passing Out Course. The passing out cadets will now join the Indian Military Academy (IMA) in Dehradun where they will get commissioned as lieutenants in the Indian Army, after which they will return to CME to complete their post-commissioning training.
- ‘Irrespective of the noise, BJP won’t get so many seats. There is craze for Modi, but how much translates into votes is difficult to say’
- Hindus should 'produce' at least 5 children, says VHP leader Ashok Singhal
- AMU teachers body to boycott Mulayam visit
- Mulayam, Akhilesh woo Brahmins, Muslims
- ‘Sting’ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
- Don’t discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit writes to Shinde