29-hour countdown for launch of GSLV-D5 commences
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The 29-hour countdown for the launch of ISRO's rejuvenated Geo-synchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-D5) commenced at 11.18 AM today at Satish Dhawan Space Centre at Sriharikota.
"The 29-hour countdown for tomorrow's launch at 4.18 PM of GSLV-D5 carrying 1,980 kg GSAT-14 communication satellite commenced as planned and is progressing smoothly," ISRO spokesperson Deviprasad Karnik told PTI.
The GSLV-D5's first mission attempt with indigenous cryogenic engine was aborted at the eleventh hour on August 19 last year due to a fuel leak in its second stage.
Fuel tank made of aluminium alloy called Afnor 7020 tended to develop crack over a period of time and the leak was blamed on it.
The GSLV is designed to inject its passenger spacecraft into the intended Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit with a combination of solid, earth-storable liquid and cryogenic propellants in it's first, second and third stages, respectively.
- â€˜Someone should remind the CM weâ€™re also aam aadmi. But theyâ€™ve turned us intoÂ demonsâ€™
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun