2-day Chikoo Festival begins on February 9
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
- For âcheeringâ Pakistan in India match, university in Meerut suspends 67 Kashmiri students
- You told us go to hell, says Supreme Court, sends Subrata Roy to jail
- Attacker, victim: 2 faces of Gujarat riots come together for âHindu-Muslimâ unity
- UP kidsâ killer disease spread through lice, expert panel finds
Fruit lovers will get an opportunity to savour freshly plucked popular varieties of chikoo grown in and around Dahanu in Thane district during first-of-its-kind Chikoo Festival to be organised by the Maharasthra Tourism Development Corporation (MTDC) from February 9.
The two-day festival, to be held at MTDC sponsored Tarpa Agriculture Tourism Centres at Dahanu and Gholvad, will also offer visitors popular local delicacies and experience of unique Warli Art and Culture.
"Tourists can enjoy peaceful environment in farms and even pluck fruits from trees at the festival. The visitors will be taken to the venue and ferried around through special AC buses. An individual will have to pay Rs 800 per day for the trip including breakfast and tea," a senior MTDC official said.
The official said that the upcoming festival is part of a series of such events to be organised across Maharashtra to promote tourism.
Further information about the event is available on MTDC website www.maharashtratourism.gov.in.