2G case: ED to file charges against Raja, Kanimozhi
- Hunt on for Malaysian Airlines: Stolen passports, missing debris fuels fears of foul play
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
- Rs 25,000 cr: CAG sees biggest ever J&K land scam
- UP BJP wants tickets for four riot-accused MLAs
- Haryana, Gujarat, MP top 3 industry-friendly states, Maharashtra among bottom five
The Enforcement Directorate is set to tighten its noose in the 2G spectrum allocations case as the agency will soon file its chargesheet against two of the main accused - former Telecom Minister A Raja and DMK leader Kanimozhi.
Both Raja and Kanimozhi have been questioned by the ED quite a number of times and the agency is probing alleged money laundering and forex violations on the part of individuals, in the government and private, in the second generation spectrum awards case.
The agency is probing Kanimozhi and others on the basis of FIR filed by the CBI in connection with the alleged channelling of Rs 200 crore to DMK family-run Kalaignar TV through a circuitous route.
The ED had summoned her and others for questioning about the alleged transfer of Rs 200 crore to the TV channel, in which she and Kalaignar TV MD Sharad Kumar hold 20 per cent stake each.
Some other transactions are also under ED's scanner in the 2G scam.
The ED, according to the sources, had earlier scrutinised documents related to the DMK MP's income, properties and personal investments and plans to take the probe forward, they said.
The ED had earlier initiated attachment proceedings under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) against other individuals and certain telecom firms involved in the case.
Besides the cases of Raja and Kanimozhi, similar probe is underway under the provisions of the anti-money laundering Act against Swan Telecom promoter Shahid Usman Balwa's cousin Asif Balwa, Director of Kusegaon Fruits and Vegetables Pvt Ltd Rajeev Agarwal and Karim Murani of Cineyug Films (Pvt) Ltd.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again