2G case: ED to file charges against Raja, Kanimozhi
- Delhi High Court raps MCD for strike, says common people are suffering
- Delhi air will never be safe because of its geographical disadvantage: Panel tells High Court
- Tanzanian student targeted because she was black, says envoy
- Supreme Court tells BCCI: Fall in line, Lodha panel report deserves respect
- Adarsh scam: CBI gets Maha Governor's nod to prosecute Ashok Chavan
The Enforcement Directorate is set to tighten its noose in the 2G spectrum allocations case as the agency will soon file its chargesheet against two of the main accused - former Telecom Minister A Raja and DMK leader Kanimozhi.
Both Raja and Kanimozhi have been questioned by the ED quite a number of times and the agency is probing alleged money laundering and forex violations on the part of individuals, in the government and private, in the second generation spectrum awards case.
The agency is probing Kanimozhi and others on the basis of FIR filed by the CBI in connection with the alleged channelling of Rs 200 crore to DMK family-run Kalaignar TV through a circuitous route.
The ED had summoned her and others for questioning about the alleged transfer of Rs 200 crore to the TV channel, in which she and Kalaignar TV MD Sharad Kumar hold 20 per cent stake each.
Some other transactions are also under ED's scanner in the 2G scam.
The ED, according to the sources, had earlier scrutinised documents related to the DMK MP's income, properties and personal investments and plans to take the probe forward, they said.
The ED had earlier initiated attachment proceedings under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) against other individuals and certain telecom firms involved in the case.
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2