2G loss: Now V Narayanasamy demands apology from BJP
- Facebook Townhall: PM Modi breaks down into tears while talking about his mother
- Google welcomes PM Modi at its headquarters in California
- PM Modi's top 10 quotes from Facebook Townhall
- Manipur Governor Syed Ahmed passes away in Mumbai's Lilavati Hospital
- Police order probe after meat found outside 4 temples in Jharkhand
After attacking the CAG, Union Minister of State in PMO V Narayanasamy on Saturday demanded an apology from BJP for "misleading" the people that the 2G spectrum allocation in 2008 had resulted in a loss of Rs 1.76 lakh crore to the exchequer.
"The BJP should apologise to the people for misleading them that Rs 1.76 lakh crore loss has occurred from the 2G spectrum allocation. Since the (present) auction has yielded only Rs 9,400 crore, the BJP owes an explanation to the people," he said.
He had yesterday said the current 2G spectrum auction had proved the government's stand that the calculation of the Comptroller and Auditor General in pegging the presumptive loss at Rs 1.76 lakh crore was wrong and the CAG owed an explanation.
Referring to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh meeting various political leaders ahead of winter session of Parliament beginning from November 22, he expressed confidence that political parties will extend cooperation in its smooth functioning.