2G loss: Now V Narayanasamy demands apology from BJP
- If Pakistan has sympathy for Kashmiri youth, they shouldn’t provoke them to attack army camps: Mehbooba Mufti
- Dhaka cafe attack mastermind, 2 others killed in police encounter
- Rio 2016 review: What they did at home, what in Olympics
- Buzz of change in Maldives, Mohammed Nasheed flies secretly to Lanka
- Kashmir: Police constable shot dead by terrorists
After attacking the CAG, Union Minister of State in PMO V Narayanasamy on Saturday demanded an apology from BJP for "misleading" the people that the 2G spectrum allocation in 2008 had resulted in a loss of Rs 1.76 lakh crore to the exchequer.
"The BJP should apologise to the people for misleading them that Rs 1.76 lakh crore loss has occurred from the 2G spectrum allocation. Since the (present) auction has yielded only Rs 9,400 crore, the BJP owes an explanation to the people," he said.
He had yesterday said the current 2G spectrum auction had proved the government's stand that the calculation of the Comptroller and Auditor General in pegging the presumptive loss at Rs 1.76 lakh crore was wrong and the CAG owed an explanation.
Referring to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh meeting various political leaders ahead of winter session of Parliament beginning from November 22, he expressed confidence that political parties will extend cooperation in its smooth functioning.
- In Kashmir, so-called solutions are riddled with contradictions and divisions
- Why personal, social and political self-identification of Dalits must count more than legal nomenclature.
- The draft surrogacy bill violates the fundamental right of people to choose modes of parenthood
- Realpolitik drives Myanmar’s outreach to India and China
- Epidemics in India are seldom followed by a long-term response
- Pakistan army has a battle to win: The corruption within