2G scam: BJP attends meeting of JPC
- Telangana bill passage shows country can take difficult decisions: Prime Minister
- Top General speaks on 2012 troop movement: "Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly"
- âTroop movement shouldâve been avoided if they knew (V K Singhâs) court dateâ
- The 2012 troop movement investigations
- India slams Pakistan for allowing Masood Azhar to spew venom
Ending its nearly two-month-old boycott, BJP members today attended the meeting of Joint Parliamentary Committee on 2G and said they would continue to press for summoning of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Finance Minister P Chidambaram as witnesses.
BJP members had stormed out of two JPC proceedings accusing its Chairman P C Chacko of behaving in an autocratic manner and charging Congress members with using foul language when they had pressed for summoning the Prime Minister and Finance Minister as witnesses.
They had stayed away from the subsequent two proceedings of the Committee.
Before attending today's proceedings, BJP members had said the deposition of former Cabinet Secretary K M Chandrasekar has given ample evidence to call the Prime Minister and the Finance Minister before the panel.
Chacko has ruled out calling the Prime Minister and has said there is no consensus in the Committee to call Chidambaram as a witness.
A body of GSM operators is appearing before the JPC today to put across the views of the telecom operators before it finalises its report.
BJP has six members in the JPC including Yashwant Sinha, Jaswant Singh, Dharmendra Pradhan, Gopinath Munde, Haren Pathak and Ravi Shankar Prasad.
- What should common man expect when PM’s killers are freed: Rahul on Jayalalithaa’s decision
- Anna Hazare says, I support Mamata Banerjee for her ideas
- The regressive state | The Indian Express
- Top General speaks: Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly