2G: Witness identifies Anil Ambani's signature
- Modi government softens stand on controversial Land Acquisition Bill, says ready for talks
- Gangster Abu Salem sentenced to life imprisonment in Pradeep Jain murder case
- Went to casino for dinner with family, apologise for my choice of venue: Moin Khan
- Ready to discuss issue of alleged stealing of Petroleum ministry documents: Government
- Salman Khan black buck poaching case: Jodhpur court defers verdict
A CBI witness in the 2G allocation case on Monday identified the signature of Reliance ADAG chairman Anil Ambani on the documents attached to the account opening form of AAA Consultancy Services Co. (P) Ltd, allegedly an "associate" company of Reliance ADAG.
The CBI, in its charge-sheet filed on April 2, 2011, had alleged that AAA Consultancy Services Co. (P) Limited was one of the associate companies of Reliance ADAG whose group firm Reliance Telecom Limited had used Swan Telecom, an ineligible company, as its front company to get the costly 2G licences.
Three top executives of Reliance ADAG along with Reliance Telecom Ltd, Swan Telecom and its promoters are facing trial in the case.
Deposing as a CBI witness, Hasit Shukla, the president of Reliance Communications (P) Ltd, identified the signatures of Anil Ambani on the documents attached to the account opening form of AAA Consultancy Services Co.(P) Ltd.
"...On page 19 of this document are the photographs of Anil D Ambani and Tina A Ambani with their signatures at points A and B, which I identify," Shukla told Special CBI Judge O P Saini.
Vahanvati to testify on February 27
Attorney General G E Vahanvati is likely to appear on February 27 before a Delhi court hearing the 2G case to depose as a prosecution witness.