2G: Witness identifies PMO, A Raja letters
- BJP nominee to Modi critics: You will soon be in Pak, not India
- China says no to Arunachal youth in India delegation, Minister says letâs call off trip
- Upar Narendra, neeche Bhupinder... new BJP slogan echoes in states of rivals
- Lok sabha polls: Tamizh Talkies
- On Rahul campaign, Sonia tells Amethi: âLike Indira, I gave my son to youâ
An official from the Prime Minister's Office (PMO) on Monday identified the communication exchanged between the PMO and the former telecom minister A Raja. He stated that the letters, notes and other documents kept in the official file pertaining to allocation and pricing of 2G spectrum were given by him to the CBI when the agency asked for them.
Pushpendra Kumar Sharma, a section officer in the PMO also identified letters exchanged between Raja and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in November-December 2007 on the issue of 2G spectrum allocation.
"The correspondence sent by me to the CBI includes letter of A Raja to Manmohan Singh, Hon'ble Prime Minister, dated 02.11.2007," Sharma told the court of Special Judge OP Saini.
CBI had alleged that Raja had ignored the advice of the PM that the availability of 2G spectrum be assessed before the grant of licences.