2G: Witness identifies PMO, A Raja letters
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
An official from the Prime Minister's Office (PMO) on Monday identified the communication exchanged between the PMO and the former telecom minister A Raja. He stated that the letters, notes and other documents kept in the official file pertaining to allocation and pricing of 2G spectrum were given by him to the CBI when the agency asked for them.
Pushpendra Kumar Sharma, a section officer in the PMO also identified letters exchanged between Raja and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in November-December 2007 on the issue of 2G spectrum allocation.
"The correspondence sent by me to the CBI includes letter of A Raja to Manmohan Singh, Hon'ble Prime Minister, dated 02.11.2007," Sharma told the court of Special Judge OP Saini.