2-year-old dies of swine flu in city
- Sabir Ali steps up attack on Naqvi, says the BJP leader should prove allegations or apologise
- Five pending cases against Congress' Imran Masood
- BJP for action against illegal migrants from Bangladesh: Rajnath Singh
- Black box detector to join missing Malaysian jetliner search
- India vs Australia Live Cricket Score: India bat, Shikhar Dhawan makes for Ajinkya Rahane
Another swine flu death was reported in the city on Wednesday. A two-year-old resident of Manimajra died at PGI. Meanwhile another person, a resident of Sector 24, tested positive for the disease.
Section 144 around Cong Bhawan today
Chandigarh: UT Administration will impose Section 144 in a 500 m radius of the Congress Bhawan in Sector 35 on Thursday. This follows the announcement by the BJP that it will hold a protest in front of Congress Bhawan against Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde. Taking out a rally, making speeches and slogans near the area will not be allowed.
Veteran journalist passes away
Chandigarh: Veteran journalist Jai Dev Sharma passed away on Tuesday night at PGI after a brief illness. He was 75 years old. He is survived by his wife, two sons and a daughter. Sharma had worked in different publications in Jalandhar and Chandigarh.
Five found dead in Zirakpur
Zirakpur: Five persons lost their lives in separate incidents that occurred in Zirakpur. Roop Singh (23) fell from the fifth floor of an under-construction building at Peer Muchhalla. Nirmala Devi (45) died after she allegedly slipped in the bathroom of her house while bathing. Yogesh Sethi (45), a vendor, was found dead under mysterious circumstances. A 16-year-old Pinky was found hanging from the ceiling fan and a woman injured in a road accident that occurred on December 25 last year, succumbed at PGI.
Teen kidnapped, recovered
Dera Bassi: Shubham Atri (19), a resident of Dera Bassi, was kidnapped by a dozen youngsters from outside his house on Wednesday. The youngsters also assaulted Shubham's father. After the police called the youths to say they been traced, the accused left the boy near Dera Bassi police station. The police have booked 12 people for the incident.
- Fight from Varanasi if you want to stop Modi: RUC to Mulayam
- EC disqualifies Ex-MP among 18 former candidates in JK
- BJP sets 24-hour deadline to TDP on sealing AP alliance deal
- DGCA to keep an eye on air charter firms flying politicians
- BJP propagating 'politics of hatred': Sonia Gandhi
- Down in jungleland: Spring Sonata