3 Agrasen bank staffers booked in cheating case
- Telangana LIVE: Process adopted to divide Andhra Pradesh unfortunate, Cong alone can't be blamed, says Chiranjeevi
- Supreme Court stays release of Rajiv Gandhi killers after Centre opposes Jayalalithaa's decision
- Rahul Gandhi's remark on Rajiv killers a drama to divert attention: Kumar Vishwas
- Tribal activist Soni Sori, ex-Infosys CFO V Bala join Aam Aadmi Party
- Rajiv Gandhi assassination case forces adjournment of Parliament
Three employees of Shri Agrasen Maharaj Urban Cooperative Credit Society in Khadki – Chandrabhushan Parshruram Mohite, Amit Srinath Sawant and Yogita Amit Sawant – have been booked in connection with an alleged fraud of Rs 1.10 crore. The credit society auditor Dharmendra Bothra had lodged a complaint on Sunday.
The fraud was detected in the 2011-2012 account records, police said. Mohite, the society manager, allegedly committed the fraud by making bogus entries in the pygmy deposit agents' collection, savings account, gold loan and other loan amounts. There are 22 pygmy deposit agents of the society and 15 have outstanding dues of around 3.25 crore.
The suspects have been booked under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code, police said.
Bail of Maya Lounge co-owner, DJ confirmed
Additional Sessions Judge S D Darne on Tuesday confirmed the ad-interim anticipatory bail granted to Anjali Rajnish Nirmal (45), wife of ATS inspector Rajnish Nirmal and co-owner of 'Maya RLC' and disc jockey Sayyed Qasim Chinni. On September 1, the Pune (rural) police had raided Maya RLC in Wagholi on Ahmednagar-Pune highway and arrested 303persons, including 129 girls, for allegedly continuing with a party beyond the 11 pm deadline.
Youth dies after fall from bus, driver held
The Wanowrie police on Monday arrested Nagnath Darsingh Dasare, 30, a private luxury bus driver, for reckless driving after Riyaz Mehboob Mulla, 20, fell off the bus and died. Mulla was standing near the door. The bus was passing through Race Course toll booth on Pune-Solapur Road around 5.30 am, polic esaid.
- LS polls: Cong playing wait-and-watch game in dozen-plus seats in state
- ‘Rs 2.3 cr spent on bungalow for former Prez, but that’s no loss to exchequer’
- 9 illegal immigrants working on Army premises nabbed
- BJP’s Saurashtra unit split wide open over former minister’s snub
- Modi: Happy that my speeches contribute to nation’s coffers
- The regressive state