3 Agrasen bank staffers booked in cheating case
- Nitish trying to cheat Bihar, says Modi; CM replies PM disturbed with falling Sensex, GDP
- Manipur violence: Toll up to eight, three killed in police firing
- India script history, register first series win in Sri Lanka after 22 years
- Sheena, Mikhail my children, ready to undergo DNA test: Siddharth Das
- Market loses its nerve on weak GDP, Sensex tumbles 587 points
Three employees of Shri Agrasen Maharaj Urban Cooperative Credit Society in Khadki – Chandrabhushan Parshruram Mohite, Amit Srinath Sawant and Yogita Amit Sawant – have been booked in connection with an alleged fraud of Rs 1.10 crore. The credit society auditor Dharmendra Bothra had lodged a complaint on Sunday.
The fraud was detected in the 2011-2012 account records, police said. Mohite, the society manager, allegedly committed the fraud by making bogus entries in the pygmy deposit agents' collection, savings account, gold loan and other loan amounts. There are 22 pygmy deposit agents of the society and 15 have outstanding dues of around 3.25 crore.
The suspects have been booked under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code, police said.
Bail of Maya Lounge co-owner, DJ confirmed
Additional Sessions Judge S D Darne on Tuesday confirmed the ad-interim anticipatory bail granted to Anjali Rajnish Nirmal (45), wife of ATS inspector Rajnish Nirmal and co-owner of 'Maya RLC' and disc jockey Sayyed Qasim Chinni. On September 1, the Pune (rural) police had raided Maya RLC in Wagholi on Ahmednagar-Pune highway and arrested 303persons, including 129 girls, for allegedly continuing with a party beyond the 11 pm deadline.
Youth dies after fall from bus, driver held