3 Agrasen bank staffers booked in cheating case
- Sushma Swaraj rubbishes Pakistan's 4-point peace formula at UN
- US shooting: 15 dead, 20 wounded at Oregon community college; shooter detained
- Day after Dadri lynching, VP Ansari says state has to ensure right to life
- Delhi: Man shoots self at Rajiv Chowk Metro station
- BJP MP compares Modi with Gandhi, Cong says 'sycophancy at its worst'
Three employees of Shri Agrasen Maharaj Urban Cooperative Credit Society in Khadki – Chandrabhushan Parshruram Mohite, Amit Srinath Sawant and Yogita Amit Sawant – have been booked in connection with an alleged fraud of Rs 1.10 crore. The credit society auditor Dharmendra Bothra had lodged a complaint on Sunday.
The fraud was detected in the 2011-2012 account records, police said. Mohite, the society manager, allegedly committed the fraud by making bogus entries in the pygmy deposit agents' collection, savings account, gold loan and other loan amounts. There are 22 pygmy deposit agents of the society and 15 have outstanding dues of around 3.25 crore.
The suspects have been booked under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code, police said.
Bail of Maya Lounge co-owner, DJ confirmed
Additional Sessions Judge S D Darne on Tuesday confirmed the ad-interim anticipatory bail granted to Anjali Rajnish Nirmal (45), wife of ATS inspector Rajnish Nirmal and co-owner of 'Maya RLC' and disc jockey Sayyed Qasim Chinni. On September 1, the Pune (rural) police had raided Maya RLC in Wagholi on Ahmednagar-Pune highway and arrested 303persons, including 129 girls, for allegedly continuing with a party beyond the 11 pm deadline.
Youth dies after fall from bus, driver held