3 arrested with 16 mobile phones, 2 wrist watches
- Aurangabad arms haul case: MCOCA court convicts 12 including Abu Jundal
- Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August, attend Saarc meet
- Indigo flight makes emergency landing in Mumbai after passenger creates ruckus
- Assam floods: Sonowal directs ministers to visit constituencies as situation worsens
- Bhagwant Mann: Didn't breach security, even TV channels broadcast from Parliament
The Machhiwara police claimed to have cracked a gang of miscreants with the arrest of three of its members, including a 17-year-old minor who is the kingpin of the gang.
The police recovered 16 mobile phones and two wrist watches from their possession.
As the kingpin of the gang is a minor, the police concealed his identity. The others have been identified as Laddi Singh of Samrala and Dukhna of Machhiwara.
- The amended act legalises child labour while claiming to do the opposite
- The concept of private members’ bill is central to a deliberative democracy
- Mahasweta Devi drew imaginary landscapes to narrate stories of the oppressed
- With the latest figures on industrial output, the case for a stimulus is pressing
- An open letter to new students entering Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Irom Sharmila calling off her fast against the AFSPA reflects the state’s failure to engage