3 arrested with 16 mobile phones, 2 wrist watches
- Inclusion of Jats in OBC list comes under SC scanner
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Country could face communal violence if Modi becomes PM, says Mayawati
- RBI: Growth rate to stay under 6 per cent
- Modi has deep character flaws... wouldâve fought in Varanasi if I knew Hindi: PC
- SC dismisses Centre's plea to review decision on Rajiv Gandhi killers
The Machhiwara police claimed to have cracked a gang of miscreants with the arrest of three of its members, including a 17-year-old minor who is the kingpin of the gang.
The police recovered 16 mobile phones and two wrist watches from their possession.
As the kingpin of the gang is a minor, the police concealed his identity. The others have been identified as Laddi Singh of Samrala and Dukhna of Machhiwara.
Machhiwara SHO Harjinder Singh Benipal said the police arrested the accused on Tuesday following a tip-off and recovered mobile phones and wrist watches that they had stolen from a shop near Durga Shakti Mandir on the night of March 17.
- As campaigning picks up, candidates focus on strength areas of rivals
- 143 restaurants offer 30% discount to voters on April 30
- Auto union strike: Drivers demand Tricity permit
- RO serves Pawan Bansal show-cause notice
- BJP releases ‘chargesheet’ listing 16 Cong ‘scams’
- From mobile apps to post cards to call centres, parties go all out to woo voters