3 cases of cheating filed in city
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The UT Police arrested a person, Sahil Sharma, a resident of Sikandrabad, Andhra Pradesh for cheating Gurwinder Singh a resident of Nayagaon of Rs 35,000. The accused had assured the complainant of getting him a Public Performance License (PPL).
The accused had taken the money from the complainant with an assurance that he would provide a PPL and a good project. However, later it was realised that the person is a fraud. The accused was arrested by the police and is being interrogated.
Meanwhile, Dharminder Sidhu, Senior Sales Manager of M/S Padam Motors Private Limited alleged that Deepak Kumar had purchased a car and has not made the payments correctly. In the complaint made by Dharminder Sidhu, the accused, Deepak Kumar, had purchased a car for Rs 5.51 lakh from the firm. The accused had given a cheque worth Rs 4.50 lakhs, which bounced. He later allegedly threatened the complainant and refused to pay the rest of the amount. The UT Police has booked him on charges of cheating and dishonesty in delivery of property, criminal breach of trust and threatening.
In another case, Neeraj Kumar a resident of Sector 43, alleged that Sanjeet Kumar and Jitender Kumar working at the Indo Canadian Enterprises, Sector 34 cheated him of cash of Rs 1.68 lakhs for providing him a tourist visa and tickets.