3 clerks named in re-evaluation scam surrender
- Coal scam: SC stays summons for Ex-PM Manmohan Singh, P C Parakh, K M Birla
- Leave Delhi: That’s what doctors are prescribing to patients with serious respiratory ailments
- Poster girl of India's tobacco battle Sunita Tomar dies
- Re-promulgation of land ordinance with 9 changes gets Cabinet nod
- Panic spreads as more rain forecast for Valley today
On December 18, UoP controller of examination Sampada Joshi had filed a complaint against the trio after a three-member fact-finding committee found the three clerks to be prima facie involved in the alleged irregularities.
It was Cantonment Police which, while probing a dummy student racket in the Poona College, stumbled upon leads that suggested a cash for marks irregularities in the examination department. According to cantonment police, confessions of 'dummy student racket' suspects Gaus Shaikh and Salim Majid Shaikh, suggests that students from BBA and BCA streams who had failed in various subjects applied for re-evaluation of the papers and paid money to the agents to get their marks increased fraudulently.
Senior inspector Ajay Kadam of Chatuhshrungi police station informed that the trio have been booked under Sections 468 (forgery for purpose of cheating), 471 (using a forged document as genuine), 409 (criminal breach of trust by public servant), 420 (cheating) and 34 (common intention) of the IPC.