3 detained for assaulting cop, vandalising restaurant
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
A few days after a group of men allegedly vandalised a restaurant in Northeast Delhi's Dilshad Garden area and assaulted a policeman and two restaurant employees, the restaurant owner, Harish Gupta, gave the CCTV footage of the incident to police.
CCTV footage shows Dinesh Pehelwan and his associates breaking furniture and glass in the restaurant on October 31.
The footage also shows men barging into the restaurant with baseball bats and iron rods and forcing customers to leave. They were seen vandalising the kitchen as well.
CCTV footage helped identify the assailants, and police detained three persons on Sunday evening, police said.
The police have registered a case of attempt to commit culpable homicide, causing obstruction in discharge of functions of a public servant, assaulting a public servant, causing damage and causing hurt against Dinesh Pehelwan and others.
They had assaulted restaurant employees, Akhilesh Kumar and Satender Singh .
Vijender, a constable who tried to stop them, was attacked with a rod. He received serious injuries on his head.
Two of those arrested have been identified as Vikram and Puneet, associates of Dinesh Pehelwan. Other members of the gang are still on the run, a police source said.
According to police, Dinesh Pehelwan had earlier come to the restaurant demanding extortion money from the owner and the duo had entered into an argument, followed by a scuffle.
The situation was brought under control when the two reached a compromise. Police said they were trying to nab others involved in the incident.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress