3 estate agents held for filming client in nude, blackmailing
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
Three women estate agents have been arrested by Mira Road Police for allegedly drugging and filming a prospective client in the nude and threatening to upload the video on the internet if she did not pay Rs 3 lakh.
Police said the victim, a 40-year-old mother of two living in Mira Road, was looking for a house to rent and contacted Yasmin Shakih (32), Mahi Singh (34) and Husna Shaikh (35). She met them on February 14 and was taken to a vacant house in Mira Road where she was allegedly offered a spiked drink.
After she became unconscious, the accused allegedly removed her clothes and made a video on phone.
Police said the woman received a call from the estate agents on February 15 informing her that they were in possession of a nude video clip and threatening to put it online if she did not pay Rs 3 lakh immediately.
"The woman gave the accused two gold chains hoping they would drop the Rs 3 lakh demand. When the accused continued to call and blackmail her, the victim confided in her husband, who lodged a police complaint. We laid a trap in Mira Road on February 20," said Dhanaji Shirsagar, senior inspector, Mira Road police station.
"The victim agreed to meet accused outside Mira Nursing Home and pay Rs 1.5 lakh. They accepted as the victim told them she did not have more money," he said.
The accused, however, told police they did not make any video but simply hatched a blackmail plan.