3 feared dead as Alaska rescue helicopter crashes
- Delhi: Multi-vehicle pileup on NH-1 leaves at least five dead
- Siachen avalanche: Air pocket under 35 ft of snow kept Lance Naik Hanumanthappa alive
- Facts dispute claims by banks: write-off gallops, recovery crawls
- Upset allies Akali Dal and Shiv Sena let BJP know: Keep us in loop
- David Headley deposition adjourned for the day following technical glitch
Authorities say three people are feared dead after an Alaska State Trooper helicopter crashed.
Trooper spokeswoman Megan Peters says the aircraft was carrying a state trooper, a pilot for the troopers and a rescued snowmobiler when it went down Saturday night.
She says the crash site was spotted Sunday, and no survivors have been found. She says that though the three are feared dead, their deaths haven't been confirmed.
Wreckage of the helicopter burned, but Peters said it was not known how the fire started or how long it lasted.