3 foreigners held at airport for carrying drugs
- Rohtak rally: Ambani, Modi, Rahul, media â all are corrupt, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Donât discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit to Shinde
- Fraud Office gets govt nod to prosecute Radia firms
- âStingâ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
- Army said unit was headed for IAF drill, ex-Air Chief says this was due only a month later
The CISF on Tuesday arrested three foreign nationals, including two women, and recovered pseudoephedrine and methaqualone worth lakhs of rupees at the Indira Gandhi International Airport. Officials said this is the first time foreign nationals have been arrested with pseudoephedrine.
A Zimbabwean, Karimazondo Mike (35), was detained around 2.30 am on Tuesday. About 25 kg of methaqualone was recovered from his possession. On questioning, two female co-passengers — Ncube Ellah (45) and Khumalo Shila (41) — were also detained. The CISF checked their registered baggage and recovered 65 kg of pseudoephedrine, which was in powdered form.
Officials said the methaqualone is worth Rs 1.23 crore in the international market. The recovered pseudoephedrine is worth Rs 39 lakh in the Indian market and Rs 2.34 crore in the international market.
- ‘Irrespective of the noise, BJP won’t get so many seats. There is craze for Modi, but how much translates into votes is difficult to say’
- Hindus should 'produce' at least 5 children, says VHP leader Ashok Singhal
- AMU teachers body to boycott Mulayam visit
- Mulayam, Akhilesh woo Brahmins, Muslims
- ‘Sting’ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
- Don’t discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit writes to Shinde