3 foreigners held at airport for carrying drugs
- J&K: Two policemen arrested in connection with Budgam youth's killing
- Congress warms up for rally on land bill; launches 'Zameen Wapsi' website
- Railways gearing up to tackle crimes against women: Prabhu
- Alliance of Janata Parivar requires new political line, says Kerala JD(U) faction
- Indian Navy's ships return after participating in 'Operation Rahat'
The CISF on Tuesday arrested three foreign nationals, including two women, and recovered pseudoephedrine and methaqualone worth lakhs of rupees at the Indira Gandhi International Airport. Officials said this is the first time foreign nationals have been arrested with pseudoephedrine.
A Zimbabwean, Karimazondo Mike (35), was detained around 2.30 am on Tuesday. About 25 kg of methaqualone was recovered from his possession. On questioning, two female co-passengers — Ncube Ellah (45) and Khumalo Shila (41) — were also detained. The CISF checked their registered baggage and recovered 65 kg of pseudoephedrine, which was in powdered form.
Officials said the methaqualone is worth Rs 1.23 crore in the international market. The recovered pseudoephedrine is worth Rs 39 lakh in the Indian market and Rs 2.34 crore in the international market.