3 foreigners held at airport for carrying drugs
- Elections 2014 Live: Polling underway peacefully; Kapil Sibal, Harsh Vardhan cast their votes
- Modi tukde tukde kar dega... ladaa dega, says Rahul
- Congress not aggressive enough, says Sharad Pawar
- NSCN (IM) takes over Manipur booths, loads EVMs with votes
- Two CRPF jawans killed in Bihar before start of polling
The CISF on Tuesday arrested three foreign nationals, including two women, and recovered pseudoephedrine and methaqualone worth lakhs of rupees at the Indira Gandhi International Airport. Officials said this is the first time foreign nationals have been arrested with pseudoephedrine.
A Zimbabwean, Karimazondo Mike (35), was detained around 2.30 am on Tuesday. About 25 kg of methaqualone was recovered from his possession. On questioning, two female co-passengers — Ncube Ellah (45) and Khumalo Shila (41) — were also detained. The CISF checked their registered baggage and recovered 65 kg of pseudoephedrine, which was in powdered form.
Officials said the methaqualone is worth Rs 1.23 crore in the international market. The recovered pseudoephedrine is worth Rs 39 lakh in the Indian market and Rs 2.34 crore in the international market.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi