3 held for duping house buyers of Rs 1.5 crore
- Delhi: Multi-vehicle pileup on NH-1 leaves at least five dead
- Siachen avalanche: Air pocket under 35 ft of snow kept Lance Naik Hanumanthappa alive
- Facts dispute claims by banks: write-off gallops, recovery crawls
- Upset allies Akali Dal and Shiv Sena let BJP know: Keep us in loop
- David Headley deposition adjourned for the day following technical glitch
Three people, including a woman, have been arrested for allegedly duping several prospective house buyers to the tune of Rs 1.5 crore. API A S Ghatge of Vishnunagar Police Station in Dombivili said Tuesday Anand Maladkar, Anand Kamble and Sunita Salvi cheated buyers in Dombivli, Malad, Virar and the western suburbs of Mumbai, promising them houses under MHADA schemes. The trio have been booked under IPC sections 420, 465, 468 and 471. Police said some of the victims were still approaching police stations in Mumbai and the economic offences wing.