3 held for duping house buyers of Rs 1.5 crore
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
Three people, including a woman, have been arrested for allegedly duping several prospective house buyers to the tune of Rs 1.5 crore. API A S Ghatge of Vishnunagar Police Station in Dombivili said Tuesday Anand Maladkar, Anand Kamble and Sunita Salvi cheated buyers in Dombivli, Malad, Virar and the western suburbs of Mumbai, promising them houses under MHADA schemes. The trio have been booked under IPC sections 420, 465, 468 and 471. Police said some of the victims were still approaching police stations in Mumbai and the economic offences wing.