3 held for duping house buyers of Rs 1.5 crore
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Modi's jibe at Mulayam: âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Ramdev âgoes liveâ on poll funding, Congress hits BJP on black money
- After denying a 'Modi wave', Joshi endorses Modi as India's next PM
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Rahul Gandhi addresses a rally in Assam; Sonia Gandhi to address a rally in Amethi today
Three people, including a woman, have been arrested for allegedly duping several prospective house buyers to the tune of Rs 1.5 crore. API A S Ghatge of Vishnunagar Police Station in Dombivili said Tuesday Anand Maladkar, Anand Kamble and Sunita Salvi cheated buyers in Dombivli, Malad, Virar and the western suburbs of Mumbai, promising them houses under MHADA schemes. The trio have been booked under IPC sections 420, 465, 468 and 471. Police said some of the victims were still approaching police stations in Mumbai and the economic offences wing.