3 held for duping house buyers of Rs 1.5 crore
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
Three people, including a woman, have been arrested for allegedly duping several prospective house buyers to the tune of Rs 1.5 crore. API A S Ghatge of Vishnunagar Police Station in Dombivili said Tuesday Anand Maladkar, Anand Kamble and Sunita Salvi cheated buyers in Dombivli, Malad, Virar and the western suburbs of Mumbai, promising them houses under MHADA schemes. The trio have been booked under IPC sections 420, 465, 468 and 471. Police said some of the victims were still approaching police stations in Mumbai and the economic offences wing.