3 illegal hookah parlours raided, 39 booked
- Delhi: Multi-vehicle pileup on NH-1 leaves at least five dead
- Siachen avalanche: Air pocket under 35 ft of snow kept Lance Naik Hanumanthappa alive
- Facts dispute claims by banks: write-off gallops, recovery crawls
- Upset allies Akali Dal and Shiv Sena let BJP know: Keep us in loop
- David Headley deposition adjourned for the day following technical glitch
The social security cell of city police Crime Branch raided hookah parlours at three hotels and booked as many as 39 persons, including 25 students, under sections of the Cigarette and Other Tobacco Products Act, 2003, on Thursday.
Police said a team led by senior inspector Bhanupratap Barge of social security cell raided a hookah parlour operating in an alleged illegal shed of Jashna Hotel on Salunkhe Vihar Road around 7 pm and booked four persons, including Navshad Malik who operated the parlour. Police team also raided a hookah parlour at Hotel Aramaan in the jurisdiction of Wanavdi police station and booked seven persons, including its manager Nazir Ali Safar Ali Karimi.