3 illegal hookah parlours raided, 39 booked
- In Dadri, BJP's Sangeet Som accuses UP govt of framing innocent men for lynching incident
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says doctor
- Shashank Manohar unanimously elected as new BCCI president
- Non-declarants of foreign assets to be tried under black money law: FM
- Bihar polls: 130 candidates with serious criminal charges to contest in first phase
The social security cell of city police Crime Branch raided hookah parlours at three hotels and booked as many as 39 persons, including 25 students, under sections of the Cigarette and Other Tobacco Products Act, 2003, on Thursday.
Police said a team led by senior inspector Bhanupratap Barge of social security cell raided a hookah parlour operating in an alleged illegal shed of Jashna Hotel on Salunkhe Vihar Road around 7 pm and booked four persons, including Navshad Malik who operated the parlour. Police team also raided a hookah parlour at Hotel Aramaan in the jurisdiction of Wanavdi police station and booked seven persons, including its manager Nazir Ali Safar Ali Karimi.