3 illegal hookah parlours raided, 39 booked
- LIVE: Rahul Gandhi returns to Delhi from sabbatical
- The two critical by-poll results which were overlooked
- 80 crore youth, 160 crore strong hands. What can we not achieve?
- Corporate war between media house, operator confounding net neutrality debate: TRAI chief Rahul Khullar
- Military institute student to son of ex-judge, Islamic State taps Dhaka gen-next
The social security cell of city police Crime Branch raided hookah parlours at three hotels and booked as many as 39 persons, including 25 students, under sections of the Cigarette and Other Tobacco Products Act, 2003, on Thursday.
Police said a team led by senior inspector Bhanupratap Barge of social security cell raided a hookah parlour operating in an alleged illegal shed of Jashna Hotel on Salunkhe Vihar Road around 7 pm and booked four persons, including Navshad Malik who operated the parlour. Police team also raided a hookah parlour at Hotel Aramaan in the jurisdiction of Wanavdi police station and booked seven persons, including its manager Nazir Ali Safar Ali Karimi.
The third parlour to be raided was the one at Hotel Mas, NIBM, Kondhwa. Cops filed cases against hotel owner Hameed Mehboob Agreja of Camp, his two workers and about 25 students, including five girls, who were present at the spot. Police recovered hookah products worth Rs 68,200 from the three spots and said action would be taken against the hotels.