3 incidents of chain-snatching reported in 2 days in Chinchwad
- Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh, 20 jawans feared dead
- Election Live: Rahul Gandhi addresses rally on Narendra Modi's turf
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
The chain snatchers seem to be on the prowl in the city with three more incidents reported in the last two days.
As per police figures, there has been around 50 per cent rise in chain-snatching incidents this year. There were 231 cases of chain-snatching in 2010 which went up to 298 in 2011. In 2012, the were as many as 443 cases till November 30. More chain-snacthing incidents were reported from across the city in December too.
All the recent incidents took place at Chinchwad. In the first incident, two motorcycle-borne youths snatched gold chain from Manjusha Vyanketrao Kulkarni (49) near Kakde Park on Thursday evening.
A native of Aurangabad, the victim was walking along the road when the suspects attacked her and snatched chain worth Rs 1.8 lakh from her around 7 pm. She lodged a complaint at Chinchwad police station.
In another incident, two motorcycle-borne youths snatched gold chain worth Rs 40,000 from an elderly woman identified as Madhuri Kamlakar Kulkarni (63), around 6.50 pm on Thursday. Kulkarni is a resident of Gold Craft Housing society in Chinchwad.
Meanwhile, a 50-year-old Vijaya Laxman Choudhary, who was was going towards Shipra Hotel for attending her son's wedding reception in Chinchwad, was attacked by motorcycle-borne youths who snatched her gold chain worth Rs 2.88 lakh around 8.15 pm on Wednesday. She lodged a complaint at Nigdi police station.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express