3 injured after being hit by SP MLA’s vehicle
- If Pakistan has sympathy for Kashmiri youth, they shouldn’t provoke them to attack army camps: Mehbooba Mufti
- Dhaka cafe attack mastermind, 2 others killed in police encounter
- Rio 2016 review: What they did at home, what in Olympics
- Buzz of change in Maldives, Mohammed Nasheed flies secretly to Lanka
- Kashmir: Police constable shot dead by terrorists
Three persons, including two girl students of a local college, were injured when they were hit by an SUV belonging to Samajwadi Party MLA Abhay Singh in cantonment police station area of Faizabad district on Tuesday morning. The condition of one of the girls, undergoing treatment at the district hospital, was stated to be critical.
The driver of the vehicle escaped, leaving the vehicle at the spot and is yet to be arrested.
Faizabad SSP Dharmendra Singh, city circle officer Shashi Shekhar Singh and Cantonment station officer Ram Veer Singh Yadav said they were unaware if the SUV belonged to Abhay Singh, who is MLA from Gosainganj constituency.
However, the MLA told The Indian Express that his driver was taking his two daughters to school when his Innova hit four persons, including the students. "I sent my vehicle to police station even though nobody went to lodge a complaint," he said.
None of the police officials had visited the injured victims till late evening. SSP Singh said that he was busy in VIP duty and was not aware about the details of the incident and the owner of the vehicle.
- In Kashmir, so-called solutions are riddled with contradictions and divisions
- Why personal, social and political self-identification of Dalits must count more than legal nomenclature.
- The draft surrogacy bill violates the fundamental right of people to choose modes of parenthood
- Realpolitik drives Myanmar’s outreach to India and China
- Epidemics in India are seldom followed by a long-term response
- Pakistan army has a battle to win: The corruption within