3 injured after being hit by SP MLA’s vehicle
- 20 jawans feared dead as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Missing Malaysia airline: Man travelling on stolen passport identified as Iranian
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Three persons, including two girl students of a local college, were injured when they were hit by an SUV belonging to Samajwadi Party MLA Abhay Singh in cantonment police station area of Faizabad district on Tuesday morning. The condition of one of the girls, undergoing treatment at the district hospital, was stated to be critical.
The driver of the vehicle escaped, leaving the vehicle at the spot and is yet to be arrested.
Faizabad SSP Dharmendra Singh, city circle officer Shashi Shekhar Singh and Cantonment station officer Ram Veer Singh Yadav said they were unaware if the SUV belonged to Abhay Singh, who is MLA from Gosainganj constituency.
However, the MLA told The Indian Express that his driver was taking his two daughters to school when his Innova hit four persons, including the students. "I sent my vehicle to police station even though nobody went to lodge a complaint," he said.
None of the police officials had visited the injured victims till late evening. SSP Singh said that he was busy in VIP duty and was not aware about the details of the incident and the owner of the vehicle.
Yadav said that a Toyota Innova hit three persons, including the two students near FCI godown. The vehicle knocked down a youth too. The driver escaped from the spot.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express