3 injured after being hit by SP MLA’s vehicle
- Mulayam Singh Yadav questions death penalty for rape, says 'boys make mistakes'
- Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, says she is playing vote bank politics
- #WhyiVoted: Let's hear it from India
- Jet flight out of contact for 30 mins, causes panic, 2 pilots grounded
- Elections 2014 Live: EC to take stern action over attack on poll officials by TMC men
Three persons, including two girl students of a local college, were injured when they were hit by an SUV belonging to Samajwadi Party MLA Abhay Singh in cantonment police station area of Faizabad district on Tuesday morning. The condition of one of the girls, undergoing treatment at the district hospital, was stated to be critical.
The driver of the vehicle escaped, leaving the vehicle at the spot and is yet to be arrested.
Faizabad SSP Dharmendra Singh, city circle officer Shashi Shekhar Singh and Cantonment station officer Ram Veer Singh Yadav said they were unaware if the SUV belonged to Abhay Singh, who is MLA from Gosainganj constituency.
However, the MLA told The Indian Express that his driver was taking his two daughters to school when his Innova hit four persons, including the students. "I sent my vehicle to police station even though nobody went to lodge a complaint," he said.
None of the police officials had visited the injured victims till late evening. SSP Singh said that he was busy in VIP duty and was not aware about the details of the incident and the owner of the vehicle.
Yadav said that a Toyota Innova hit three persons, including the two students near FCI godown. The vehicle knocked down a youth too. The driver escaped from the spot.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi