3 injured after being hit by SP MLA’s vehicle
- Rahul Gandhi fasts with agitating students at Hyd university, BJP calls it 'cheap politics'
- Classic politics of vulturisation: BJP on Rahul's visit to Hyd University
- Month before budget, Raghuram Rajan cautions: Don’t overspend to spur growth
- Solar scam: Kerala HC grants Chandy some relief as Saritha targets his son
- Centre justifies President’s rule in Arunachal: ‘Threat from China, war-like situation’
Three persons, including two girl students of a local college, were injured when they were hit by an SUV belonging to Samajwadi Party MLA Abhay Singh in cantonment police station area of Faizabad district on Tuesday morning. The condition of one of the girls, undergoing treatment at the district hospital, was stated to be critical.
The driver of the vehicle escaped, leaving the vehicle at the spot and is yet to be arrested.
Faizabad SSP Dharmendra Singh, city circle officer Shashi Shekhar Singh and Cantonment station officer Ram Veer Singh Yadav said they were unaware if the SUV belonged to Abhay Singh, who is MLA from Gosainganj constituency.
However, the MLA told The Indian Express that his driver was taking his two daughters to school when his Innova hit four persons, including the students. "I sent my vehicle to police station even though nobody went to lodge a complaint," he said.
None of the police officials had visited the injured victims till late evening. SSP Singh said that he was busy in VIP duty and was not aware about the details of the incident and the owner of the vehicle.
- Equality before law must be accompanied by equality in social practices
- Indian policymakers underestimate problems emanating from emerging economies
- The Council of Islamic Ideology symbolises a contagion of pious madness
- India cannot continue to fight a 21st century battle with 19th century institutions
- Odd-even policy took on pollution. Now address congestion.
- Does Masood's 'protective custody' reflect Pak army's new policy?