3 jawans among 5 killed in LoC encounter
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs DD: CSK win toss, elect to bat first
Three soldiers were among five killed as the Army foiled a major infiltration bid in north Kashmir's Nowgam sector on Wednesday. It was the second infiltration attempt by militants to be pushed back by the Army in Kupwara district in the past five days.
Defense spokesperson Lt Col J S Brar said that with infiltration low so far this year, militant groups appeared to be trying to push in members before winter set in and snow closed entry points.
He said the Army had spotted the infiltrators close to the LoC around midnight and the gunfight that followed had continued for several hours.
Arms and ammunition were reportedly recovered from the two slain militants. The Armymen who died were jawans.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota