3 jawans among 5 killed in LoC encounter
- Elections 2014 LIVE: 60 pc voting in Bengal till 1 pm; Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
Three soldiers were among five killed as the Army foiled a major infiltration bid in north Kashmir's Nowgam sector on Wednesday. It was the second infiltration attempt by militants to be pushed back by the Army in Kupwara district in the past five days.
Defense spokesperson Lt Col J S Brar said that with infiltration low so far this year, militant groups appeared to be trying to push in members before winter set in and snow closed entry points.
He said the Army had spotted the infiltrators close to the LoC around midnight and the gunfight that followed had continued for several hours.
Arms and ammunition were reportedly recovered from the two slain militants. The Armymen who died were jawans.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18