3 Metro stations to close early on New Year eve
- Supreme Court recognises third gender, glimmer of hope for gays
- Train derails in Assam, at least 50 passengers injured
- Narendra Modi glue binds splintered Maharashtra
- Muslims afraid of Modi, but Rajnath like Atal: Shia cleric
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sonia Gandhi to address first poll rally in Telangana today
Three Metro stations in and around Connaught Place will be closed three-and-a-half hours before the usual time on Monday in view of security restrictions due to New Year celebrations.
Rajiv Chowk, Barakhamba Road and Patel Chowk Metro stations will be closed from 7.30 pm on New Year's Eve.
However, inter-change will be allowed at Rajiv Chowk station.
Sale of tickets at the three Metro stations will stop at 7.15 pm and shutters of all entry gates will be closed at 7:30 pm.
"However, interchange facility between Line-2 (HUDA City Centre-Jahangirpuri) and Line-3/4 (Dwarka Sec-21-NOIDA City Centre/Vaishali) will remain operational at Rajiv Chowk Metro station till the end of revenue services, i.e., 11 pm," a Delhi Metro spokesman said.
Services at all other Metro corridors and stations will continue normally.