3 Metro stations to close early on New Year eve
- Navjot Sidhu: Quit RS because I was told to stay away from Punjab
- Chinkara poaching case: Salman Khan acquitted by Rajasthan High Court
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya on bank plea seeking contempt proceedings
- Journalists' visa issue: Chinese media warns India of repercussions
- Parliament LIVE: Speaker Mahajan advises Mann not to attend proceedings till decision arrived at
Three Metro stations in and around Connaught Place will be closed three-and-a-half hours before the usual time on Monday in view of security restrictions due to New Year celebrations.
Rajiv Chowk, Barakhamba Road and Patel Chowk Metro stations will be closed from 7.30 pm on New Year's Eve.
However, inter-change will be allowed at Rajiv Chowk station.
Sale of tickets at the three Metro stations will stop at 7.15 pm and shutters of all entry gates will be closed at 7:30 pm.
"However, interchange facility between Line-2 (HUDA City Centre-Jahangirpuri) and Line-3/4 (Dwarka Sec-21-NOIDA City Centre/Vaishali) will remain operational at Rajiv Chowk Metro station till the end of revenue services, i.e., 11 pm," a Delhi Metro spokesman said.
- BJP was not dependent on Dalits to win Gujarat. But the apathy may cost in other states
- Jayalalithaa and Mamata defend Mayawati, recast politics on gender lines
- The Worship of False Gods
- As Trump’s support cuts across traditional lines, Hillary Clinton has a tough task
- SH Raza He was the last of Progressive Artists’ Group titans. Only the Bindu remains
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food