3 Metro stations to close early on New Year eve
- Myanmar says operation on militants was on Indian side of border
- Somnath Bharti's wife accuses him of domestic violence, DCW issues notice
- Debt-stressed Punjab farmer, who met Rahul Gandhi, commits suicide
- Jitender Tomar did not graduate from our varsity: RML Awadh University
- Railways staggers tatkal booking to ease pressure, upto 50 pc refund on cancellation
Three Metro stations in and around Connaught Place will be closed three-and-a-half hours before the usual time on Monday in view of security restrictions due to New Year celebrations.
Rajiv Chowk, Barakhamba Road and Patel Chowk Metro stations will be closed from 7.30 pm on New Year's Eve.
However, inter-change will be allowed at Rajiv Chowk station.
Sale of tickets at the three Metro stations will stop at 7.15 pm and shutters of all entry gates will be closed at 7:30 pm.
"However, interchange facility between Line-2 (HUDA City Centre-Jahangirpuri) and Line-3/4 (Dwarka Sec-21-NOIDA City Centre/Vaishali) will remain operational at Rajiv Chowk Metro station till the end of revenue services, i.e., 11 pm," a Delhi Metro spokesman said.
Services at all other Metro corridors and stations will continue normally.