3 Metro stations to close early on New Year eve
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
Three Metro stations in and around Connaught Place will be closed three-and-a-half hours before the usual time on Monday in view of security restrictions due to New Year celebrations.
Rajiv Chowk, Barakhamba Road and Patel Chowk Metro stations will be closed from 7.30 pm on New Year's Eve.
However, inter-change will be allowed at Rajiv Chowk station.
Sale of tickets at the three Metro stations will stop at 7.15 pm and shutters of all entry gates will be closed at 7:30 pm.
"However, interchange facility between Line-2 (HUDA City Centre-Jahangirpuri) and Line-3/4 (Dwarka Sec-21-NOIDA City Centre/Vaishali) will remain operational at Rajiv Chowk Metro station till the end of revenue services, i.e., 11 pm," a Delhi Metro spokesman said.
Services at all other Metro corridors and stations will continue normally.