3 more cases of minors rape reported in Delhi
- 15 security personnel killed as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Malaysia military believes it has tracked missing jet over Strait of Malacca
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Even as the Delhi Police grapple with the brutal rape of a five-year-old, who was assaulted in East Delhi a week ago, three more incidents of rape of minors were reported from the capital on Sunday.
In the first incident, a 15-year-old girl was allegedly abducted by two men, who made her drink alcohol and gangraped her at knife-point in an isolated area in Samaipur Badli, Northwest Delhi, on Friday.
The girl told police that she was abducted by one Rinku (22) and his accomplice Vinod, while she was on her way to the neighbourhood market around 10 am.
The girl told police that the accused, who live in her neighbourhood, forced her onto their motorcycle. They drove off to an abandoned field a few kilometres away, where, they reportedly forced her to drink four bottles of beer, police said.
"Rinku and Vinod then took turns to rape her and later dumped her outside her house. The girl informed her parents and police were informed subsequently. A medical examination at the Ambedkar hospital has confirmed rape," police officers said. While Rinku has been arrested, while Vinod is absconding, police said.
In the second incident, an 11-year-old girl was allegedly abducted by a rickshaw puller while she was playing outside her house, police said. He allegedly raped her around 1.30 pm Sunday at his residence, police said.
The accused has been identified as 50-year-old Pawan, who lives in the same locality as the victim. Medical examination of the girl has confirmed rape, police said.
The girl told police that the rickshaw puller had threatened to kill her if she told anyone about the incident. However, as soon as she got home, the girl told informed her mother, police said. Residents of the locality, who learnt of the incident, assaulted Pawan before handing him over to police.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express