3 more killed in Assam violence
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
Fresh incidents of violence in Assam have claimed three more lives, two in Kokrajhar and one in Baska, both Bodoland districts. The death toll in incidents since Saturday has gone up to seven.
While two persons were killed in three separate incidents, one each in Kokrajhar and Baska district on Tuesday night, a school teacher was hacked to death inside a block elementary education office, also in Kokrajhar district, on Wednesday. The victim has been identified as Asaruddin Sheikh.
A person identified as Akramul Ahmed was injured in the attack.
Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi, who reviewed the situation, has asked the police to go all out against the anti-talk faction of the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) as also other miscreants involved in the renewed spate of violence.