3 more rapes in Haryana, more than 50 in 3 months
- Mad rush, chaos as Arvind Kejriwal takes local train to woo 'aam aadmi' in Mumbai
- SC defers hearing on Sahara's plea on releasing Subrata Roy
- President not for executing Devinderpal Singh Bhullar, MHA disagrees
- Lalu loyalist-turned rebel Ram Kripal Yadav joins BJP
- Malaysia asks India to join search for missing plane
In further embarrassment to the Haryana government, three more rape incidents, including two of minor girls, came to light on Saturday.
While a 20-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her neighbour at Sikri village in Ballabgarh area of Faridabad district on Friday, the two other girls, including a Dalit, were allegedly gangraped in two different incidents in Hisar and Bhiwani districts.
In the case of the Faridabad girl, the accused Parvinder sneaked into victim's house in the absence of her father and committed rape after giving her sedative-laced food to her, police said.
The victim's father, who found the girl unconscious when he returned home, informed the police.
"We are waiting for victim's medical report after which a case will be lodged," investigating officer Bhim Singh said, adding that a manhunt has been launched to nab the absconding accused.
Meanwhile, the Police officials said that a 16-year-old Dalit girl was allegedly raped by four youths in Hisar on November 3, but the victim informed her family on Friday.
The victim, a Class IX student, alleged that she was forcibly tied, threatened and raped by the four accused at her house, while her parents were away.
After the girl disclosed the incident, the family approached police and a case was registered against the accused, two of whom belong to Jat community while the two others are Dalits.
The girl's father told reporters in Hisar on Saturday that the accused had threatened to eliminate his family "if we approach the police".
"The accused, identified as Kuldeep, Deepu, Pawan and Vijay, have been arrested. Further investigation is on," Superintendent of Police, Hisar, B Satheesh Balan said.
In the second incident, a 11-year-old girl was allegedly raped by three youths in Dadri sub-division on November 8. Two of the three accused have been arrested, police said, adding that the victim had been kidnapped by the youths after which they committed the crime. In both the cases, the girls were medically examined and the doctors confirmed sexual assault.
- Rs 1.28 lakh looted at gunpoint
- Venkaiah Naidu sure of BJP crossing ‘magic figure’ in south India
- AAP candidates truly ‘aam aadmi’: Prithvi Reddy
- Bangalore fund-raiser: Dine with Arvind Kejriwal for Rs 20,000
- AAP sounds Gul Panag about Lok Sabha poll, father says decision soon
- The real high and low: Drunk cop creates ruckus in court, held