3 Naval warships to participate in Navy fest
- Top General speaks on 2012 troop movement: "Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly"
- Telangana fallout: Governor accepts Reddy's resignation as Andhra Chief Minister
- Arvind Kejriwal writes to Narendra Modi on gas pricing, targest Mukesh Ambani again
- A day after Parliament passes Telangana bill, Hyderabad airport on red alert over letter threat
- Govt refuses security to IPL due to Lok Sabha polls, South Africa favourite to host 7th edition
Three Naval warships will participate in 'Navy Fest', the annual fair associated with Navy Day celebrations, to be inaugurated by Vice Admiral Satish Soni, Flag Officer Commanding in Chief Southern Naval Command on Thursday.
The fest would provide visitors an opportunity to view warships -- INS Sahyadri, India's latest stealth frigate, INS Sharda, INS Sujata and INS Nireekshak at close quarters along with a naval aircraft. The ships would be open to visitors only till 4.30 pm, a naval press release said.
The three day fair would conclude on December 16.
In addition to naval exhibits, commercial stalls, amusement rides and food stalls, there would be an exhibition of Military Photographs under the auspices of Ernakulam Press Club. Entertainment programmes have also been scheduled.