3 security men injured in encounter with Maoists
- IAF An-32 aircraft missing: Manohar Parrikar undertakes aerial survey of search operations
- Hillary Clinton picks Tim Kaine as running mate
- Judith D'souza, Indian kidnapped in Kabul, rescued: Sushma Swaraj
- Bhagwant Mann interview: 'I just wanted to show system of draw of lots in Zero Hour'
- Toll climbs to 46, Rajnath visits Kashmir valley today
A Maoist was on Tuesday killed while three security personnel, including a CRPF commandant, were injured in an encounter between the two sides in the district.
On information that the ultra-left wing guerrillas had gathered near the village, about 80 km from Ranchi, the police rushed to the spot around 4 am, SP Anup Birtheray said.
In the ensuing encounter, CRPF Commandant R R Mishra, a CoBRA jawan and a district police man suffered injuries, and were admitted to a hospital, he said.
- Article 370 was honoured in the breach and the autonomy promised to J&K has been chipped away from time to time
- Violence against Dalits is not something that began in past two years as the tenor of debate in Parliament
- Arvind Kejriwal is uncomfortable with anyone with a mind of his own.
- Not just the Arunachal switch but the choice of Sheila Dikshit for the UP are warnings to the BJP
- Gujarat unrest shows while Dalit lives have improved, conflict has increased
- Zakir Naik is ‘protected’ as an Indian citizen but he considers himself a Muslim first