3 security men injured in encounter with Maoists
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Akhilesh Yadav tears into Narendra Modi bastion on maiden visit to Gujarat, says third front ready to govern
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- IPL 7: CSK register 93-run victory over hapless DD
A Maoist was on Tuesday killed while three security personnel, including a CRPF commandant, were injured in an encounter between the two sides in the district.
On information that the ultra-left wing guerrillas had gathered near the village, about 80 km from Ranchi, the police rushed to the spot around 4 am, SP Anup Birtheray said.
In the ensuing encounter, CRPF Commandant R R Mishra, a CoBRA jawan and a district police man suffered injuries, and were admitted to a hospital, he said.
One Maoist was killed and the retreating rebels fled with the body, police added.
- On Day 2 in Amethi, Kejriwal woos Muslims
- After Tytler self-goal, Capt goes on defensive
- To prevent polarisation, EC tells Delhi Police ‘don’t publicise work’
- Togadia ‘hate speech’: EC seeks report, police begin probe
- JuD chief: Hindus safe in Pak unlike Muslims in Gujarat
- In this TN seat, Cong, BJP and AAP take centrestage