3 security men injured in encounter with Maoists
- Jigisha Ghosh murder case: Two convicts get death sentence, life imprisonment for one
- Ban pellet guns in Kashmir, Omar Abdullah-led delegation asks PM Modi
- PM Modi, Afghan President Ghani jointly inaugurate renovated Stor Palace
- AAP doesn't have money to fight election: Kejriwal
- Kicking off UP poll campaign, Mayawati slams BJP-RSS, SP, is soft on Congress
A Maoist was on Tuesday killed while three security personnel, including a CRPF commandant, were injured in an encounter between the two sides in the district.
On information that the ultra-left wing guerrillas had gathered near the village, about 80 km from Ranchi, the police rushed to the spot around 4 am, SP Anup Birtheray said.
In the ensuing encounter, CRPF Commandant R R Mishra, a CoBRA jawan and a district police man suffered injuries, and were admitted to a hospital, he said.
- Farm incomes may not revive despite good monsoon
- India’s new line that Pak will have to pay for cross-border terror was overdue
- Just how did Pakistan become so central to the definition of Indian patriotism?
- Why AAP needs to go back to school
- Next door Nepal: Detente in Kathmandu
- PM's Balochistan policy: Gameplan, gambit or gamble?