3 staffers found dead inside Natraj Bar in Mumbai
- Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case: Javed Sheikh's father moves CBI court against Amit Shah, ex-DGP; wants them arraigned
- Editors slam Arvind Kejriwal for 'irresponsible' media remark
- I skipped rally because I was misled: Anna Hazare
- Goa court grants permission to Tarun Tejpal to meet his ailing mother
- Arvind Kejriwal alleges whole media is sold, backtracks later
Three staffers of a suburban bar were found murdered on Saturday on its premises at Tilak Nagar, with police suspecting personal rivalry to be the cause behind the brutal killings.
The deceased identified as Basant Madoria (30), Raja Dakolia (33) and Bhaskar Dalvi (54) were stabbed around 10-15 times and their bodies were found lying in a pool of blood by a sweeper around 8 am, police said.
While Madoria and Dakolia were working as waiters at Natraj Bar, Dalvi as the watchman, police said.
"The sweeper found the gate (of the bar) half open and found Dalvi's body lying there, after which he informed the owner of the bar Shaildndra Singh," said a police source.
Singh and the sweeper later found the bodies of two other victims Madoria and Dakolia in the garage situated on the premises of the bar.
According to police, Madoria and Dakolia were working in the bar for the past 5 years while Dalvi for 12 years.
Police said Madoria and Dakolia, who would work late hours in the bar, would often sleep in the garage for s few hours to take the first train to go to their destinations.
The bar was closed around 2.30 am by its staff after carrying out regular cleaning work of the premises and furniture. "CCTV cameras were also switched off before closing the bar as per the routine," police said.
Police suspect that the murders might have taken place somewhere between 2.30 am and 5 am.
While no weapon was found at the spot, police said prima facie robbery did not seem to be the motive as nothing has gone missing from the place.
"The killings could be the fallout of a personal rivalry," said police.
"Dalvi and Madoria were killed when they were asleep, whereas Dakolia's body was found a few meters away from the garage. Dakolia might have chased and killed by the assailants as it seems he tried to escape," said a police official.
- Experts to Maruti: De-list or give in to investors’ pressure
- India-born Rajeev Suri may take over as Nokia CEO
- BJP MLA gets EC clearance for movie, asks ‘critics’ to stay away
- Eyes on UP prize, Modi set for Varanasi
- SC rejects Nokia appeal over asset transfer to Microsoft
- Today is last day for enrolling as a voter: UT