3 workers die in gas leak at chemical plant
- SC slams BCCI over Lodha report: Better fall in line, or we will make you fall in line
- SAARC Summit: Now, Bangladesh, Bhutan and Afghanistan say they won't be going to Islamabad
- To isolate Pak, India pulls out of Islamabad SAARC summit
- Global competitiveness index: India jumps 16 ranks for second time, now at 39
- Shimon Peres, last surviving link to Israel's founding fathers, dies at 93
Three workers died following a gas leak at the agro-chemicals plant of Meghmani Organics in Ankleshwar industrial area Saturday, police said.
"The gas leak was reported at the agro-chemicals plant of Meghmani Organics, resulting in death of Ratan Rajput (23), Sanjay Prajapti (22) and Ghanshyam Kalsaria (22)," they said without elaborating. Following the incident, a team headed by deputy director of Industrial Safety and Health, Vijay Patel, reached the spot and served a closure notice on the company, officials said.
"If the company is found responsible for negligence, legal action would be initiated against them," Patel said.
- Let’s not allow debate about what it means to be Indian to be held hostage to jingoists and bigots
- Shouldn’t weekly off day be a matter of choice, instead of being dictated by law?
- India’s search for alternatives to regional forum must quicken
- Struggle against caste system & capitalism are inextricably linked
- Telescope: Going places
- Power struggle within weakens Samajwadi Party already undergoing an identity crisis in UP