3 workers die in gas leak at chemical plant
- Babri Masjid demolition case: SC issues notices to Advani, other BJP leaders over conspiracy charges
- Seven years ago, everyone saw Delhi’s air take a deadly U-turn but no one did a thing
- LIVE: 16 dead as floods ravage parts of Jammu and Kashmir
- Take this, Congress: NDA plans a memorial for Narasimha Rao
- Punjab panel books Muslims, Christians with ‘fake’ SC papers
Three workers died following a gas leak at the agro-chemicals plant of Meghmani Organics in Ankleshwar industrial area Saturday, police said.
"The gas leak was reported at the agro-chemicals plant of Meghmani Organics, resulting in death of Ratan Rajput (23), Sanjay Prajapti (22) and Ghanshyam Kalsaria (22)," they said without elaborating. Following the incident, a team headed by deputy director of Industrial Safety and Health, Vijay Patel, reached the spot and served a closure notice on the company, officials said.
"If the company is found responsible for negligence, legal action would be initiated against them," Patel said.
Meanwhile, workers at the plant where the mishap occurred held protests. Meghmani Organics, in a statement, said, "An accident has taken place at our plant situated at GIDC Ankleshwar and three staff members have been hospitalised. Necessary steps are being taken to provide best treatment to them."