30 injured in 20-car pile-up on Yamuna Expressway
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
Around 30 persons were injured in a massive pile-up of 20 vehicles this morning on Yamuna Expressway near Bhaipur in Jewar area, 24 km from Zero point at Greater Noida, police said.
"Around 20 vehicles collided in series at 24 km point on left side of the Yamuna Expressway leading towards Agra," a police officer said.
"Due to dense fog, a UP Roadways bus en route from Noida to Agra collided with a canter. Thereafter, number of vehicles collided in series," the officer said.
He said all the injured, numbering around 30, were rushed to Kailash hospital by Expressway ambulances.
A doctor at Kailash hospital said, "Six injured persons left for Delhi hospitals on their own against medical advise (LAMA). 16 are still admitted at hospital."
"Bhim Singh, Pohop Singh and Pawan Singh were admitted toICU as their condition was critical," the doctor said.
Several injured have suffered multiple fractures, he said,adding, around 12 persons were discharged after dressing of minor wounds.
The police officer said, "Though I was appealing the drivers to drive slow due to fog, but still drivers continued driving fast."
"I had stopped and warned few drivers but it is not possible to warn each and every speeding vehicle. People should know that driving in speed in fog is fatal," he said.