30-year-old found dead
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- BJP complains to EC over St Xavier principal's criticism of Modi's Guj model of development
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR face stiff CSK challenge in Dubai
While a 30-year-old man was found dead in a garbage dump located in Makkar colony near Dhandari Kalan on Friday, a 25-year-old man ended his life by hanging himself from the ceiling fan as he was not able to pay back a loan of Rs 3,000 to two persons.
Passers-by in Makkar colony informed the police after they found foul smell and saw the body in the garbage dump. ADCP Bhupinder Singh along with his team rushed to the spot.
Police said the victim was attacked with a sharp-edged weapon in his back and an attendance card with no name of factory was the only thing found in his pocket. Described as Kishan, his attendance was marked till November 27. It seemed that he was murdered somewhere else and later his body was thrown in the dump.
In the other case, the man has been identified as Ram Dyal who had taken a loan of Rs 3,000 from Vinay and Onkar. He lived in a room in Salem Tabri. According to his brother Dharmatma, the duo took him from his workplace into his room, threatened him and later locked him inside the room. When the landlord came, he opened the room and found Dyal dead.
Police have arrested Vinay and Onkar.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'