31 die in northern Nigeria sectarian violence
- Ghulam Ali's concert in Mumbai cancelled after Shiv Sena's threat
- PM Modi a sensitive person, don't judge him on social media posts: BJP on Dadri lynching
- Why President Mukherjee hit the right notes on core values of 'diversity', 'plurality' and 'tolerance'
- Barack Obama apologises for air strike on Kunduz hospital: White House
- Commercial vehicles entering Delhi to pay environmental tax: NGT
At least 31 people have been killed and houses and vehicles were burnt after a disagreement over ownership of a football pitch set off sectarian violence in northern Nigerian state of Taraba, officials said today.
Violence erupted when Muslim and Christian football teams argued over which team had the right to a football pitch."We have arrested more than forty people so far and we are doing everything possible to bring the crisis under control," state police spokesperson T Y Mohammed told PTI.