31 die in northern Nigeria sectarian violence
- Nitish trying to cheat Bihar, says Modi; CM replies PM disturbed with falling Sensex, GDP
- Manipur violence: Toll up to eight, three killed in police firing
- India script history, register first series win in Sri Lanka after 22 years
- Sheena, Mikhail my children, ready to undergo DNA test: Siddharth Das
- Market loses its nerve on weak GDP, Sensex tumbles 587 points
At least 31 people have been killed and houses and vehicles were burnt after a disagreement over ownership of a football pitch set off sectarian violence in northern Nigerian state of Taraba, officials said today.
Violence erupted when Muslim and Christian football teams argued over which team had the right to a football pitch."We have arrested more than forty people so far and we are doing everything possible to bring the crisis under control," state police spokesperson T Y Mohammed told PTI.