31-yr-old woman ‘ends life’
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi files his nomination from Varanasi, says technology upgradation and branding needed for development of Kashi
- From Marandi vs Soren to Deora vs Sanyal: Top 5 battles in Lok Sabha polls Phase 6
- Manmohan Singh casts vote in Guwahati, dismisses Modi-wave in country
- Letter by Xavier's principal criticising Gujarat model taken down from college website
- Elections 2014 Phase 6 LIVE: Slow voting in Mumbai, UP records 24 % in first four hours
A 31-year-old woman allegedly committed suicide at her residence in East Delhi on Friday night. The incident was reported from Chandra Nagar in M S Park on Friday, when the father found her hanging from the ceiling fan of her room. The woman, Shefali, worked as a tutor in her colony and was reportedly depressed over some personal matter.
On Friday, Shefali's father Ashok found his house locked from inside when he returned home after work around 7 pm. According to police, Shefali's father broke the door open with the help of a neighbour and found his daughter hanging from the ceiling fan. The police were informed, after which they rushed her to the GTB Hospital, where she was declared dead on arrival. No suicide note was recovered from her possession.
- At least 65 EVMs replaced in six Lok Sabha seats in Assam
- Twitter cofounder talks of 26/11, Indian farmers in new book
- UP records over 24 pc voter turnout till 11 AM, 20 per cent turnout in Chhattisgarh
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at BJP for attack on Somnath Bharti
- ANF official accused of killing youth a gallantry award winner
- Maharashtra: Poor turnout till 9 am in third phase of polling