31-yr-old woman ‘ends life’
- PM Modi to visit US in June, may address a joint sitting of Congress
- Bombay High Court allows BCCI to hold May 1 IPL 2016 match in Pune
- Disrupt finances of drug-terror nexus: Jaitley tells UN General Assembly
- Uttarakhand High Court slams Centre: You are creating chaos, undermining govt
- Kashmir: ‘Peaceful’ north on the boil, may fan simmer in south
A 31-year-old woman allegedly committed suicide at her residence in East Delhi on Friday night. The incident was reported from Chandra Nagar in M S Park on Friday, when the father found her hanging from the ceiling fan of her room. The woman, Shefali, worked as a tutor in her colony and was reportedly depressed over some personal matter.
On Friday, Shefali's father Ashok found his house locked from inside when he returned home after work around 7 pm. According to police, Shefali's father broke the door open with the help of a neighbour and found his daughter hanging from the ceiling fan. The police were informed, after which they rushed her to the GTB Hospital, where she was declared dead on arrival. No suicide note was recovered from her possession.
- When Ambedkar was framing the Constitution, RSS reviled both him as well as his ideas
- It is unfortunate that courts have become arbiters of what constitutes true religion
- The Bastar tragedy, farce
- Centre is violating the basic provisions of the employment guarantee act
- A news channel gets a new name, but what changes on news TV?
- India should insist Pakistan arrest Masood Azhar under its own laws, in its own interests