32-yr-old woman molested in central Delhi
- Siachen avalanche: Lance Naik Hanamanthappa passes away three days after miraculous rescue
- Dr RK Pachauri goes on leave as TERI Chancellor, won't attend March 7 convocation
- Ishrat Jahan's mother on Headley deposition: Ploy by those guilty to salvage their names
- Write-offs a scam, small loans rarely in it, says former RBI Deputy Governor
- David Headley received money from ISI, LeT and Dr Rana
A 32-year-old woman was allegedly molested by a young man in inebriated condition at a park in Central Delhi with the victim claiming that she was forced to take the offender to a near-by police station after her attempts to reach the cops via helplines failed.
The victim, who is into import-export business of scarves in Maharani Bagh in south Delhi, said the incident took place at around 6:30 PM yesterday when she was out for a walk at Lodi Garden in central Delhi.
Anand, 28, who works at a video rental shop in near-by Khan Market had allegedly molested the woman when she walking.
The woman alleged that her calls made to recently-launched '181' and Delhi Police's helpline number of '100' for assistance proved futile.
Since her calls to police and the helpline did not materialise, the woman forcefully took him in her luxury car and drove straight to Tughlaq Road police station.
Anand has been booked for molestation, senior police official K C Dwivedi said, adding that a PCR van was sent based on her request.