32-yr-old woman molested in central Delhi
- 3.5 lakh well-off people have given up subsidised LPGs: PM Narendra Modi
- Meghalaya CM compares Rahul Gandhi to Alfred the Great, king who returned to conquer
- Naxals kill 7 of elite force in Sukma
- Across the Aisle: Land acquisition - Nine steps to nirvana
- India's Sons: What does it mean to be a man in India?
A 32-year-old woman was allegedly molested by a young man in inebriated condition at a park in Central Delhi with the victim claiming that she was forced to take the offender to a near-by police station after her attempts to reach the cops via helplines failed.
The victim, who is into import-export business of scarves in Maharani Bagh in south Delhi, said the incident took place at around 6:30 PM yesterday when she was out for a walk at Lodi Garden in central Delhi.
Anand, 28, who works at a video rental shop in near-by Khan Market had allegedly molested the woman when she walking.
The woman alleged that her calls made to recently-launched '181' and Delhi Police's helpline number of '100' for assistance proved futile.
Since her calls to police and the helpline did not materialise, the woman forcefully took him in her luxury car and drove straight to Tughlaq Road police station.
Anand has been booked for molestation, senior police official K C Dwivedi said, adding that a PCR van was sent based on her request.
However, the woman claimed it came 20 minutes after she had called the helpline number.