32-yr-old woman molested in central Delhi
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Prime Minister could not understand coalition politics, says Jaiswal
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL spot fixing: Do you want to probe charges against Srinivasan? SC asks Justice Mudgal panel
- Hate speeches: Petty statements by those claiming to be BJP well wishers deviating poll campaign, says Modi
A 32-year-old woman was allegedly molested by a young man in inebriated condition at a park in Central Delhi with the victim claiming that she was forced to take the offender to a near-by police station after her attempts to reach the cops via helplines failed.
The victim, who is into import-export business of scarves in Maharani Bagh in south Delhi, said the incident took place at around 6:30 PM yesterday when she was out for a walk at Lodi Garden in central Delhi.
Anand, 28, who works at a video rental shop in near-by Khan Market had allegedly molested the woman when she walking.
The woman alleged that her calls made to recently-launched '181' and Delhi Police's helpline number of '100' for assistance proved futile.
Since her calls to police and the helpline did not materialise, the woman forcefully took him in her luxury car and drove straight to Tughlaq Road police station.
Anand has been booked for molestation, senior police official K C Dwivedi said, adding that a PCR van was sent based on her request.
However, the woman claimed it came 20 minutes after she had called the helpline number.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready