35-yr-old man, daughter killed as car hits truck laden with rods
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
A 35-year-old resident of Patparganj, Delhi, and his 12-year-old daughter were killed in a road accident that occurred on Chandigarh-Ambala National Highway in Zirapkur on Sunday morning.
According to the police, the incident happened around 7 am when Vishnu Gupta was on his way back to Delhi from Vaishno Devi along with his family in his Mahindra Xylo car when it rammed into a huge stationary truck carrying iron rods. The collision was so strong that the left side of the Xylo got crushed by the long iron rods, and Vishnu and his daughter Komal who were sitting on the left side on front and rear seats respectively died on the spot.
Vishnu's wife Vanita Gupta, 32, and two sons Dhruv, 6, and Katik, 3, who were sitting on the rear seats and driver Yoginder Rana suffered serious injuries. They were rushed to GMCH-32, Chandigarh, where their condition was said to be stable.
According to Dera Bassi DSP Anil Sharma, the incident occurred due to the negligence of the Zylo's driver who was booked on charges of causing deaths after an eyewitness, Sonu Sethi, the owner of Sethi Dhaba on Chandigarh-Ambala National Highway, lodged a complaint against him.
The bodies of the deceased have been kept at Civil Hospital, Dera Bassi, for conducting a post-mortem.
Vishnu, the owner of a hotel in Patparganj, had left Delhi last Monday along with his family. They were returning home after visiting Manali and Vaishno Devi when the accident occurred.