35-yr-old man, daughter killed as car hits truck laden with rods
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Expect turmoil if polls give an unstable govt, says Raghuram Rajan
- RBI: Growth rate to stay under 6 per cent
- Buses go off road in Mumbai as drivers, conductors strike against long duty hours
- Encounter on in Jammu, two terrorists killed; highway closed
- Narendra Modi has deep character flaws... wouldâve fought in Varanasi if I knew Hindi: PC
A 35-year-old resident of Patparganj, Delhi, and his 12-year-old daughter were killed in a road accident that occurred on Chandigarh-Ambala National Highway in Zirapkur on Sunday morning.
According to the police, the incident happened around 7 am when Vishnu Gupta was on his way back to Delhi from Vaishno Devi along with his family in his Mahindra Xylo car when it rammed into a huge stationary truck carrying iron rods. The collision was so strong that the left side of the Xylo got crushed by the long iron rods, and Vishnu and his daughter Komal who were sitting on the left side on front and rear seats respectively died on the spot.
Vishnu's wife Vanita Gupta, 32, and two sons Dhruv, 6, and Katik, 3, who were sitting on the rear seats and driver Yoginder Rana suffered serious injuries. They were rushed to GMCH-32, Chandigarh, where their condition was said to be stable.
According to Dera Bassi DSP Anil Sharma, the incident occurred due to the negligence of the Zylo's driver who was booked on charges of causing deaths after an eyewitness, Sonu Sethi, the owner of Sethi Dhaba on Chandigarh-Ambala National Highway, lodged a complaint against him.
The bodies of the deceased have been kept at Civil Hospital, Dera Bassi, for conducting a post-mortem.
Vishnu, the owner of a hotel in Patparganj, had left Delhi last Monday along with his family. They were returning home after visiting Manali and Vaishno Devi when the accident occurred.
- As campaigning picks up, candidates focus on strength areas of rivals
- 143 restaurants offer 30% discount to voters on April 30
- Auto union strike: Drivers demand Tricity permit
- RO serves Pawan Bansal show-cause notice
- BJP releases ‘chargesheet’ listing 16 Cong ‘scams’
- From mobile apps to post cards to call centres, parties go all out to woo voters