36 booked for using direct ways from NH-21
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Mulayam Singh files nomination from Azamgarh; Third FIR against Giriraj Singh
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL spot fixing: Do you want to probe charges against Srinivasan? SC asks Justice Mudgal panel
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs SRH: SRH field first, Pathan comes in for Ishant
A total of three dozen users of direct paths from the Chandigarh-Ambala National Highway, including several housing projects, factories, hotels in Zirakpur, Dera Bassi and Lalru were booked under sections 8(b) of the National Highway Act 1956 and section 188 of Indian Penal Code on Saturday.
Dera Bassi DSP Anil Kumar Sharma told Newsline that seeing the inconvenience to commuters, the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) had closed a total of 124 direct ways from NH-21 at Zirakpur, Dera Bassi and Lalru last month. About 40 of the users were found to have opened the ways again this month for which NHAI complained to the police and three dozen people were booked on Saturday. These users included Zirakpur-based housing project Maya Garden, Royal City, Silver City Extension-2 and Derabassi-Lalru based factories Bhushan Ltd, SP Springs, BL Electricals, Hotel Paradise, Gates India, Rana Polycot, Anaesthetic Gases, Samrat Forgings, etc.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready