36 detained for eve-teasing in MP, made to do sit-ups
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
Thirty-six men were detained from various parts of the city for allegedly indulging in eve-teasing, the police said on Sunday. Those held were made to do sit-ups in public and were then detained briefly at a police station before being let off, said Bhopal Superintendent of Police Rajesh Bhadoria.
The youths were held from the New Market area, 10 number bus stop, Manisha Market, among others on Saturday evening when they were caught passing lewd comments at women.
Acting on tip-offs, the police reached the specific spots and nabbed the youths, some of whom are reportedly wards of senior government officials.