39 illegal constructions demolished in last two weeks: MCD
- After Fali Nariman, former SC judge questions Lokpal selection process
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- Flanked by Paswans, Modi sells âN(Development)Aâ
- Gadkari âproposalâ for Raj: Donât put up candidates for LS
- CBI to look into DLF high-rise plan near Rashtrapati Bhavan
Thirty-nine illegal constructions have been demolished in total in the last two weeks by the North and East Delhi Municipal Corporations in their respective areas, according to an MCD report.
"Thirty-nine illegal portions in total in north and east Delhi have been demolished by the North and East Delhi municipal corporations. The demolitions were carried out in Rohini and Shahdara (North) zones," the report said.
"While 39 illegal constructions were removed, nine properties in Shahdara (North) Zone were sealed," it said. The demolition and sealing were carried out by the building departments of the respective zones with the help of local police, North Delhi and East Delhi Municipal Corporation public relations officer Yogendra Singh Mann said.
As per the demolition figures -- 10 were from Rohini Zone while the rest 29 from Shahdara (North) zone. "In Rohini Zone, all 10 constructions were demolished while in Shahdara (North) zone, out of the 38 cases, nine were sealed," Mann said.
Areas in Rohini -- Paschim Vihar, Pitampura, New Multan Nagar, Nihal Vihar, Chandan Vihar Nangoli, Shalimar Bagh – involved cases pf illegal roof slab or partition walls among others.
In Shahdara (North) Zone, the areas targeted included eet Nagar, Shahdara, Dayalpur, New Mustafabad, Rajeev Gandhi Nagar, Dilshad Colony among others. The areas where properties were sealed included – Meet Nagar, GTB Enclave, Janta Flats and Shahdara, the report said.
- Russia tightens grip in Crimea, West threatens ‘consequences’
- Heavy patrolling in Sector 23 after thief leaves daring note
- Difference of opinion between Patil and UT’s senior standing counsel led to his resignation
- Commissioner to look into shady land deals in 35 villages: High Court
- Class X maths exam easy for some, tough for others
- Panchkula MC approves budget of Rs 39 crore