3-year-old among 2 killed in road accidents
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Election Commission lifts ban on BJP leader Amit Shah after he promises to behave
Two persons were killed in road accidents in Kurla and Chembur Wednesday. Three-year-old Zoya Shaikh was run over by a Maruti Swift around 5 pm while she was playing outside her Kurla (West) residence near Noor Hospital, police said.
Car driver Mohammad Shaikh (27) took her to Habib Hospital where she was declared dead around 6 pm.
The driver did not attempt to flee and was arrested and remanded in police custody. "She was playing near the footpath at a corner of the road. Khan said he did not see the girl. She was crushed under the left front wheel," said police naik N S Patil.
In another accident, Laxmi Shinde, 35, was knocked down by a speeding water tanker while she was trying to cross R C Road at Vashi Naka, Chembur. Truck driver Shashi Kapoor tried to flee, but was nabbed by passersby. He was arrested and remanded in judicial custody, police said. "We have charged Kapoor with rash driving," said senior inspector Dilip Yadav of RCF police station.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer