3-year-old among 2 killed in road accidents
- Union Cabinet recommends President's Rule in Arunachal Pradesh
- Rafale jet deal on right track, says French President Hollande ahead of India visit
- Three girls commit suicide in Tamil Nadu, blaming college, high fees
- Tavleen Singh's column: Could Rohith have been saved?
- Netaji files: Centre rejected probe reports twice, to assert ‘Bose dead’
Two persons were killed in road accidents in Kurla and Chembur Wednesday. Three-year-old Zoya Shaikh was run over by a Maruti Swift around 5 pm while she was playing outside her Kurla (West) residence near Noor Hospital, police said.
Car driver Mohammad Shaikh (27) took her to Habib Hospital where she was declared dead around 6 pm.
The driver did not attempt to flee and was arrested and remanded in police custody. "She was playing near the footpath at a corner of the road. Khan said he did not see the girl. She was crushed under the left front wheel," said police naik N S Patil.