3-year-old from Hadapsar succumbs to swine flu
- What signal is Obama administration sending by selling more F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan?
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurates 'Make in India Week' in Mumbai
- JNU student leader held on ‘sedition’ charges over Afzal Guru event
- JNU arrests over Afzal Guru event are ill-judged, threatens basic rights
- Live updates from the David Headley deposition before Mumbai court
A three-year-old girl from Handewadi, Hadapsar died of swine flu (H1N1 virus) at Aditya Birla Hospital, Chinchwad on Thursday. Pimpri Chinchwad municipal corporation's health officer Dr Milind Jawale said, this is the 12th death reported from Pimpri since April this year. There were three deaths in January, February and March respectively. In Pune the toll since April has touched 35.
The child was unwell and had cough and cold from December 13. She developed fever and turned breathless by December 17. Officials said, she was admitted to Noble Hospital at Hadapsar on December 17 after which she was shifted to Jehangir Hospital on December 18. However, she was shifted to Aditya Birla Hospital where she succumbed to the swine flu virus on December 20. Her throat swab for the H1N1 virus had tested positive on December 19.