3-year-old from Hadapsar succumbs to swine flu
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
A three-year-old girl from Handewadi, Hadapsar died of swine flu (H1N1 virus) at Aditya Birla Hospital, Chinchwad on Thursday. Pimpri Chinchwad municipal corporation's health officer Dr Milind Jawale said, this is the 12th death reported from Pimpri since April this year. There were three deaths in January, February and March respectively. In Pune the toll since April has touched 35.
The child was unwell and had cough and cold from December 13. She developed fever and turned breathless by December 17. Officials said, she was admitted to Noble Hospital at Hadapsar on December 17 after which she was shifted to Jehangir Hospital on December 18. However, she was shifted to Aditya Birla Hospital where she succumbed to the swine flu virus on December 20. Her throat swab for the H1N1 virus had tested positive on December 19.
Health officials have urged citizens to avail prompt treatment in case of cold, cough, fever and other respiratory complaints. In Pimpri Chinchwad area a total of 104 have tested positive for swine flu this year.