3-year-old from Hadapsar succumbs to swine flu
- Obama rules out putting US troops on ground to fight Islamic State
- Heavy rainfall floods Tamil Nadu, rail, road services badly hit; 71 killed so far
- Azam Khan's remarks on Paris attacks spark row, BJP demands action
- French officials identify Belgian national as suspected mastermind
- Awards recognition of talent, they should be cherished: Prez
A three-year-old girl from Handewadi, Hadapsar died of swine flu (H1N1 virus) at Aditya Birla Hospital, Chinchwad on Thursday. Pimpri Chinchwad municipal corporation's health officer Dr Milind Jawale said, this is the 12th death reported from Pimpri since April this year. There were three deaths in January, February and March respectively. In Pune the toll since April has touched 35.
The child was unwell and had cough and cold from December 13. She developed fever and turned breathless by December 17. Officials said, she was admitted to Noble Hospital at Hadapsar on December 17 after which she was shifted to Jehangir Hospital on December 18. However, she was shifted to Aditya Birla Hospital where she succumbed to the swine flu virus on December 20. Her throat swab for the H1N1 virus had tested positive on December 19.
- Responses to Mumbai, Paris attacks were strikingly different. But India has learnt since
- Tipu Sultan: Revisionist overlook his bigotry, contemporaries saw nothing else
- True successors of Gandhi-Nehru
- Raja-Mandala: The final burial of non-alignment
- Modi in Britain: Beyond a reiteration of good intentions, little was achieved
- The government’s version of the uniform civil code must be debated publicly