3-year-old from Hadapsar succumbs to swine flu
- Tamil Nadu floor test live updates: DMK MLAs expelled, House adjourned till 3 pm
- Why assume BJP govt is just for five years? People want Modi govt for a long time to come: Amit Shah
- AAP MLA’s father-in-law is in NGO that served midday meal
- Tripura Gov reads House speech with party lens on, skips parts that slam Centre
- Maharashtra civic polls: BJP is baring its "fangs", says Uddhav Thackeray
A three-year-old girl from Handewadi, Hadapsar died of swine flu (H1N1 virus) at Aditya Birla Hospital, Chinchwad on Thursday. Pimpri Chinchwad municipal corporation's health officer Dr Milind Jawale said, this is the 12th death reported from Pimpri since April this year. There were three deaths in January, February and March respectively. In Pune the toll since April has touched 35.
The child was unwell and had cough and cold from December 13. She developed fever and turned breathless by December 17. Officials said, she was admitted to Noble Hospital at Hadapsar on December 17 after which she was shifted to Jehangir Hospital on December 18. However, she was shifted to Aditya Birla Hospital where she succumbed to the swine flu virus on December 20. Her throat swab for the H1N1 virus had tested positive on December 19.
- In Manipur, Cong battles fatigue, BJP struggles to grow roots. Irom Sharmila makes debut
- India should convince world that the choice between Islamic State and Taliban is a false one
- Does religion form the core of the Pakistani identity and is it reconcilable with democracy and its institutional forms?
- In India, voices of public protest against hate-mongering targeting Muslims have been far too muted
- But Sanjay Leela Bhansali must rethink his cinema
- Demand for quotas by powerful groups draws on perceptions, does injustice to truly disadvantaged