3-yr-old found with injury marks, rape suspected
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Polling stopped in Pune booth due to faulty EVMs
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Plea to vote for âsecular partyâ splits Bollywood
- âWe gave instant justice, todayâs youth canât stand up for their mothersâ
A three-year-old girl was allegedly raped and later abandoned in a bush at Goai village in Burdwan district. The little child, having injury marks all over her body, is believed to have been raped as reports of preliminary medical tests at Katwa hospital done on Monday night suggest, police said.
Alerted by the child's screams, a local woman, Sohagi Das, spotted her lying beside a bush on Monday and rushed the girl to a hospital after attending to her wounds at her house. The parents of the child could not be traced.
Police said all efforts were being made to locate the miscreants having committed the heinous crime and the administration was bearing her medical expenses.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18