3-yr-old found with injury marks, rape suspected
- Janata Parivar Wedding: PM Narendra Modi 'showstopper' at Saifai
- Sena defends Modi suit auction, says see what amount Rahul's wardrobe would fetch
- The net widens: Top executives from five firms, two consultants arrested
- After Manjhi anti-climax, Nitish begins second act: ‘With folded hands, sorry’
- Congress yet to apologise for coal loss, says PM Narendra Modi
A three-year-old girl was allegedly raped and later abandoned in a bush at Goai village in Burdwan district. The little child, having injury marks all over her body, is believed to have been raped as reports of preliminary medical tests at Katwa hospital done on Monday night suggest, police said.
Alerted by the child's screams, a local woman, Sohagi Das, spotted her lying beside a bush on Monday and rushed the girl to a hospital after attending to her wounds at her house. The parents of the child could not be traced.
Police said all efforts were being made to locate the miscreants having committed the heinous crime and the administration was bearing her medical expenses.