4 arrested for molesting woman, manhandling cop
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Record 79 pc polling in Bengal; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Supreme Court allows CAG to audit private telecom firms
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: Duminy, Taylor push DD to 145/4
The Chandigarh Police on Thursday arrested four youths for allegedly outraging the modesty of a woman at her Sector 32 residence. The accused, Hemant Saini, Mohit Saini, Satpal Singh and Harpreet Singh, were also booked for manhandling a Chandigarh Police head constable at the crime spot.
At 10.30 pm on Thursday, Hemant, who was in a relationship with the victim, allegedly reached her residence in an inebriated state. When she opened the door, Hemant asked her to step out. However, noticing his inebriated state, the victim asked him to leave. Meanwhile, the victim's father also came out.
Hemant, however, remained adamant and asked her to marry him. The 25-year-old woman refused the proposal and told him she wanted to end the relationship. Upon this, Hemant (27) called the police. When police reached the spot, Hemant asked the personnel to make the victim give in writing that she did not wish to marry him.
The police then asked Hemant to call his parents. Hemant, instead of calling his brother Mohit, called his friends Satpal and Harpreet. This led to a heated argument between the victim and the accused. Hemant then called more acquaintances. The police asked him to stop making more calls and co-operate. Hemant allegedly refused and head constable Vinay Singh snatched his phone, after which Hemant allegedly bit Singh on the arm.
All four accused were arrested on the basis of a complaint filed by the victim's father. While Hemant, Mohit and Satpal are residents of Sector 32, Harpreet resides in Burail.
A case of making obscene acts, using criminal force with intent to outrage the modesty of a woman, criminal intimidation, act intended to outrage the modesty of a woman, voluntarily causing hurt to deter public servant from his duty, using criminal force to deter public servant from discharge of his duty and acts done by several persons in furtherance of common intention under the IPC have been registered against the accused at the Sector 34 police station.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18