4 Bengal MLAs in hospital after House free-for-all
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
Partha Chatterjee said that the Speaker had suspended the members under Section 347, which did not provide any scope for self-defence, and accused the CPM of resorting to "goonda raj", as it had done in the past 34 years.
"What business did Deblina Hembram have to go to the Treasury benches and attack our women members?" he questioned. He also called the incidents "pre-planned", and meant to tarnish the image of the government.
The Congress attacked the TMC, saying: "It is a dark chapter in the legislative history of the state and the ruling party should be more patient despite provocation by the Opposition. Unfortunately, the Trinamool Congress could not exhibit (patience)."